Blue Banisters Lana Del Rey Album Review

Happy new music Monday. Lana's new album just came out at midnight on Friday night and I stayed up until 2am to listen to all of it. We have gotten four of the songs early but the rest of the album was a great trip.




Overall the album as a whole was great. I do need to listen to it more to love it like Born to Die, but I will say I like it better then Chemtrails Over the Country Club. It has a blues vibe to it and you get lost in the music very easily.



Text Book: 
At first when it came out two months ago, it was my least favorite. However, after listening last night I understand the song better now. It sets the tone of the whole album and its about all types of relationships. 

Blue Banisters: 
The title track song, and it's a bop. Has a southern vibe and I love to sing along. The ending is amazing and a great song to set the album's direction. 

Arcadia:
My favorite song off the album. I bawled my eyes out when I first listened to it. Like Lana said it has a "Video Games" aesthetic. One of my favorite Lana songs now. Go listen and cry. 

Interlude- The Trio: 
Interesting choice of transition. I like the Spanish feel. 

Black Bathing Suit: 
Again another favorite. This song makes you love yourself and how much you can change. I will know all the lyrics by the end of the day. 

If You Lie Down With Me:
Very soft and very sensual. Romantic song that makes you feel love. 

Beautiful: 
Self-love, honey. Makes me cry thinking how this song can help change someone's mind about being beautiful.

Violets for Roses:
I adore this song so much. The instrumentals and chorus are so good together. Love the ties to "Bartender" from NFR. A fav for sure. 

Dealer:
The beat is great. Interesting song, and kinda off compared to the rest of the album. Great song still but odd. 

Thunder:
This song makes me sad. I don't know why yet but it does. 

Wildflower Wildfire:
A favorite as well! The soft elements but strong themes about a mother and daughter go together well. Her first song where she even talks about that kind of relationship, and it's so hard to see. A good song to drive to.

Nectar of the Gods:
This makes me think of her old music. She is crazy and can never change. Love the title as well. 

Living Legend:
This song is about passing down to future generations. Sad and makes you think what's next for Lana.

Cherry Blossom:
Another song about growing up and passing along something. Not my favorite off the album but still so beautiful.

Sweet Carolina: 
I feel like this last songs shows something that we haven't seen from her before. Who knows what will come from Lana next?

Comments

Popular Posts