Bridgerton Season 2 Review (Again)

If yall have read my season 2 review of Bridgerton, we all know I was not happy with the season. 
I re watched all of season 2 with my dad this week and I thought I would give another revised review on how I feel about season 2 as a whole. 
This time I didn't watch it in consecutive 8 hours and didn't get up in the middle of the night to watch it. I've also had a week to process the changes of the book and really watch for details I have missed in my first viewing. Also this review won't be as long as the first one so don't worry. 




One thing I would like to retract from my first review is the costuming. I do think the costuming is beautiful and I now see the detail in every piece from color, to print. I'm still not a fan of the fabric choices with the ball gowns. I think it's the sequins for me, but I think after the rewatch I like the costumes a lot better then before. Same with the wigs, I just think Pens were atrocious in the first two episodes. Also the makeup and jewelry are spectacular and I didn't really see that before. 

Overall the season was a good show. If you did not read the books, I think the plot was great and it was a great time. If you read the books like me, and don't love change, then that is why a lot of us were not happy the first time watching. 




I enjoy Eloise's plot a lot more now, and I like how Pen and Eloise have  that big fight. I also see how they are setting up Pens and Colin's relationship, which might be next season. I also don't hate the Featherington plot as much, its fun just not really that important. 

Kate and Anthony are great and I adore them with all my heart. I am just seeing this as an AU. I cannot wait to get more of them in more seasons. 

One thing I still hate is how they made Edwina a brat. Yes, she is allowed to mad, I would be to, but the way she treated Kate after everything is still not alight. They ruined a sisters bond and I will always hold that against the prouducers.


What was your opinions on the season? What would you love to see next season as well?
A Kathony moments post will be coming soon.  




Comments

Popular Posts