Top TV Shows 2022

 Another great year for TV! 

The world finally felt like normal with having Euphoria, Stranger Things, and GOT in the same year. So many new shows to love as well, the list is so hard for 2022! I will be reviewing it as the entire season, as some shows really lost their track on the end. Also if a new season did not come out this year, I will not be adding them. Ted Lasso would just be number one yet again!

 Enjoy like always!

First off is the list of all my shows I watched this year. Most won't make the top shows list itself, but I had so many I thought I'd add all of them in. 


Euphoria - HBO (2019-)

How I Met Your Father - Hulu (2022-)

Just Like That - HBO MAX (2022-)

 Derry Girls - Netflix (2018-2022)

The Sandman - Netflix (2022-)

 Stranger Things - (2016-2024)

Minx - HBO MAX (2022-?)

 Gilded Age - HBO MAX (2022-)

heartstopper - Netflix (2022-)

firefly lane - Netflix (2021-)

Bridgerton - Netflix (2020-)

The Crown (2016-)

 Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Amazon (2017-2023)

Sweet Magnolias - Netflix (2020-) 

Outlander - STARZ (2014-)

Sanditon - Masterpiece (2019-2023)

White Lotus - HBO (2020-)

Yellowstone - Paramount (2018-)

Abbot Elementry - ABC (2021-)

    Never Have I Ever - Netflix (2020-)

Emily in Paris - Netflix (2020-)

Umbrella Academy - Netflix (2020-)

Workin Moms - Netflix (2017-)

 House of the Dragon - HBO MAX (2022-)

Flight Attendant - HBO MAX (2021-)

Sex Lives of College Girls - HBO MAX (2021-)

Time Traveler's wife - HBO MAX (2022-)

Wednesday - Netflix (2022-)

Peaky Blinders - Netflix (2013-2022)

Partner Track - Netflix (2022-2022)

Mayans M.C. - FX (2018-)

Now here are my top 14 out of that list!


Partner Track (2022)



Is this show kind of irrelevant, yes, but did I finish it in one night, also yes. Now this being said, there will not be a season two and I'm not super upset about it but still sucks. The show itself was super fun to watch and took me out of the crashing world around me that was going on during that time. I loved the best friends of the show and wish I could have seen more of them. I recommend for a easy binge on a Friday night. 


Minx (2022-?)



This show is just to much fun! Now it was confirmed for a season two, but that's up in the air right now with HBO, so we'll see. I adore a period piece, and I loved the costumes and Moxy that this show has. Not for young for sure, but its interesting to see feminisms in the 70's and how women sexuality's was also important to a mans. Lets hope a network picks up season two.

Flight Attendant (2021-)



This season cranked it up a notch with the drama! It wasn't as intriguing as season one, but I enjoyed watching it every Thursday. My faves are Max and Annie, and I was rooting for them the whole time. If a season three does present itself, I wonder how it will go down. 

Abbott Elementary (2021-)



OK, this is my new favorite sitcom right now. Its so funny, and we haven't seen that good of writing in years. This show deserves all the awards, and everyone needs to watch it. 

heartstopper (2022-)



Another easy binge for me. I've never read the graphic novels, so I did not know the story before. I was melting the whole time watching this cute story. I didn't get the second hand embarrassment like I usually do watching young love, but I was cheering these two the whole way. I can't wait for season two, and to see them more!

Gilded Age (2022-)




A period dramas about the rich and written by the creator of Downton Abbey need I say more. This is right up my ally with the costumes, the characters, the escapism, I loved it. It started off slow, but I am hooked in. If you love period pieces then this show is for you.

Derry Girls (2018-2022)



One of my favorites has finally ended. I am very sad to see this masterpiece be over, but it was a great last season. So many laughs and tears in those episodes and it will always be a show I will put on to make me feel better. Also very happy that Erin and James finally kissed!

The Sandman (2022-)



A fantasy show, sign me up! I've never read the comics, so I did go into this without any expectations. However, the first opening scene I knew I was going to love it with those visuals. I had to pause it and wait for my dad to start it with me. I will say it was interesting pacing with the episodes, and felt it was a little off by the end of the season. I am excited for more, and learning more about the universe. 

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017-2023)



Not having this show for three years made me forget how brilliant it is. Now I love the writing since its the same creator of Gilmore Girls, but this season felt fresh and I've missed these characters so much. Season four was just a breath of fresh air, and I so sad the next will be its last. 

Bridgerton (2020-)



I love this show, and we know my feelings on season two. I'm going forward with not putting the books in the same space as the show for my own sanity. Its a fun show, and I love a lot of the characters. Excited to see how Penelope and Colin's story foes this year. 

Euphoria  (2019-)



The chokehold that this show has on the world in January was so much. Every episode was a pure masterpiece, and it was over everywhere on social media. The world felt right with the show being back after a dark period. Now the episodes themselves were kind of chaotic and my heart was racing so many times every Sunday. The last episode of the season I am still mad with, great job Lexi, but man so many plot holes. We get to wait another year before any more fun of this show. I will say Lexi and Fez are soulmates. 

House of the Dragon (2022-)



GOT IS BACK! The world again back to normal!! Now very different then GOT, but I've missed this fantasy worlds so much. It defiantly felt very slow at times, and personally rushed in the later half, but still excited to see the Dance of Dragons. I do wish we got more of young Rhaenyra and Allicent, because those actresses killed it. Another one to wait a year for and it better be worth it!

The White Lotus (2020-)



I personally didn't care for the first season, and was just going to watch the new one for giggles. Man I was not prepared for such a great show! I couldn't wait for it every Sunday and was putting the puzzle pieces together every week. The last episode was a little short, but great season of tension. 

Stranger Things (2016-)



My top show of the year and I am surprised. The new season chewed me up and spit me back out, I was addicted for months. I didn't think a fourth season of a show you already enjoy really just get better and better. It came out at a time in the year when I really needed a good show to help me through life. Now killing off my new favorite character is a low blow, but hey I should have know. 
Spoilers BTW.

I knew Chrissy was going to die in the first scene that I saw her, but to fall in love with her even after her death I didn't think would happen. I was just praying that my baby Steve would not die right, then BAM Eddie comes in and you fall in love with him during the Forrest scene. From the graphics to Max's story line, to using a song from 40 years ago, to become number one on the charts again, this season was what got a lot of us through the year. The last season comes out in 2024 and I will cry, but I please bring Eddie back, and have mercy on the rest of my loves. 


That's 2022's top shows, see you guys next time. 














Comments

Popular Posts