My Favorite Place in Augusta, Ga

After almost a year of living here, I have finally found my favorite place. When I lived in Michigan, I lived right on Hines Drive, which was a park that ran from Northville into Dearborn. It was a five-minute walk from trails and different parts of the park. There was always a drive light show during Christmas, and this park is what I miss most from Michigan.
I have finally found my Hines Park in Georgia. 


The Augusta Canal is my new favorite place. It's a park that is also historic. This canal was made in 1845, and the park was created in the 1970s. Besides the canals, there are places to rent bikes and canoes to go on. There are waterfalls and a very long trail to walk on. The trail runs from Evans, where the canal is, and goes all the way to downtown Augusta. There are more parks and trails all along this path, and I have so much more to explore. It's more than a 5 miles walk, so I have so much time to go explore. Here are some of my favorite images I got from the park. 

























I can't believe that we have live oak trees with moss in Augusta, so my mom is very happy. I can't wait to take my friends here and explore more. 






Comments

Popular Posts