Lana Del Rey "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" Review

 I have been waiting for this album for a while now. After it was pushed back a couple of times, my excitement started to die down. I stayed up last night to listen to the whole album and here is my first reaction to the album.


I do feel I will like some songs better when I listen to them more, but for now, here is my review of Chemtrails over the Country Club

White Dress - 7\10


I will say the first time I listened to this song, I did not love her raspy voice, but the second time it is growing on me. I do love the background music as it does add a lot to the song. I do also like all the mentions of rock bands. Overall, it gives me Venice Beach vibes, and it's a song that will grow on me.

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - 9\10


When I first listened to this song in January I cried. I adore this song and love everything about it. I find it funny how Cancer is my moon, and Leo is my sun. It has dark vibes but still a new element to it. It's my favorite of the album.

Tulsa Jesus Freak - 9/10


I really like the beat in this song. I will say it is my new driving song, and it makes me wish I was doing a roundtrip soon. I do not like the auto toon and that's why this song does not have a higher rating. I need to listen to it a lot more. 

Let Me Love You Like A Woman - 8.5/10


A classic Lana song in my opinion. Very beautiful and makes me get lost in the music. It was a very smart move to make this the first single to be released. 

Wild at Heart - 8/10


Her voice in this song gives me chills. I will say I don't like how it's the same background as "Hope is A dangerous thing for a woman like me to have". I started singing that song in the middle of it. It is very old country which I vibe with. 

Dark But Just Game - 9/10


So many different vibes to this song! I like how it goes from folk to jazz fast. I need a music video to understand her mind on this song. A favorite of the album. 

Not All Who Wander Are Lost - 8/10



Very soft vibes with this one. I do like the three-part harmony in the chorus. I will say it's not my favorite but a very chill song to make me relax. 

Yosemite - 8/10


Makes me feel like I am out west. I will be playing this song when I do go there. Very old country and very soft vibes. One you listen to when you want to relax.

Breaking Up Slowly - 7/10


Who is the first artist singing? I have no idea and it's bugging me. A different sound for her but it works in some places. I will say the story is very interesting. 

Dance Till We Die - 7.5/10


So Poetic! This song makes me miss so many people and I want to go somewhere. I really like the twang added to it and it's one of my favorites of this album.

For Free - 7.9/10 ft. Zella Day, Weyes Blood


Interesting cover of a Joni Mitchel song. I like all the artists on this song, it's a good cover but not my favorite. 




Overall I give this album a 7.9 out of 10. It's a great album on its own, but not my favorite when it comes to her music. It is hard to follow up to NFR, as that was top-tier amazing. I will be listening to this album a lot more and maybe some of my thoughts might change. What is everyone's opinion of the album? Let me know down below. 





 
 













Comments

Popular Posts