Lucifer 5B Review

 I'm back babies. This past weekend has been a whirlwind. Got to actually walk the stage to graduate and got to hang out with people I have not seen in a year. It was a wonderful time, but of course Lucifer 5B came out the day of grad. I woke up at 4 am to watch the second half of season 5, and boy, do I have feelings.

Now this show is my favorite as of right now, and I was waiting for so long to see what was going to happen. Here is my review of the second half of season 5. I will write a spoiler free paragraph below, then below that spoilers galore. 

Tumblr


Spoiler free:

I will say this with full gusto, this season overall was not that good. I adore this show so much, but there were so many episodes that made me cringe, and that did not have great plots. As 5B went on, I was getting annoyed with the point of Lucifer still not feeling worthy of Chloe, like come on stop, I am sick of this. Ella's story I feel like was barely touched and yes we do have one more season, but it could have been addressed more. I am disappointed in how they handled the whole GOD situation, some parts were great but others not so much. The ending of the season felt cheap to me. Now at this point I am rewatching the season with my dad, but for how much Netflix puts into shows it could have been better. 
Now the parts I did love were my babies of Deckerstar, Dan's character arc, and them finally having Trixie back and Chloe's mom. Some plot points were good, but even the cop parts felt reused and boring. Hopefully the last season will pick up on some great parts and bring back past season's vibes.

Tumblr

Spoilers ahead: 

I have feelings, so many. Like why was GOD kinda a dick, and didn't really know everything. Like come on, he should. I will say thank you to him for finally telling Lucifer that he loves him and that he is proud. Also with him going back to his wife in a different universe seems like a cop out to me. Yes, Lucifer is now GOD, but like how is that gonna work.
That point brings me back to how Lucifer could not tell Chloe he loved her because he still felt he was not worthy of her. This is my biggest problem of this season. What happened at the end of season four, he basically said I love you when he left for Hell. Now yes saying the words can be important but actions speak louder.  
Linda was not a great character this season, but at least now her daughter does know she exists and hopefully Linda will be better next season.  
A lot of the episodes felt very meh, Dan's whole episode was funny at the end since Lucifer got him back for being shot. 
My favorite episode was of course the episode that hurt me the most. Ep 5x15 was great. I forgot that a main character was going to die, but dang they made me feel for Dan. The actors did great, and I cried when Trixie found out that her Dad is dead. How are they going to get Dan out of Hell though, lets see. 

Now for the last episode, I don't know how I really feel about it. To me, Michael should have died, I get why he didn't but still. The rest of Lucifer's siblings all suck and have no character at all. Now this point was stated before, I am not a fan of Chloe quitting the LAPD for Lucifer to be GOD. I get her trying to focus on him, but I am just not a fan. 
Her as his consultant is cute though, but the final battle between Lucifer and Michael for GOD omg I can't. The whole scene was cringy, and the costumes were a big nope from me. The acting was okay, Tom Ellis deserves a reward for this season though. Michael killing Chloe was not a mood. I knew she was going to come back because of season 6 pics. The "I love you" from her did make me cry. Lucifer holding her body was not cool, but his ultimate sacrifice was beautiful. Lucifer going to Heaven to get her back, wow not okay for my emotions. He would die if he goes there, but does he care, NO. Seeing Chloe with her father was cute in heaven, and when Lucifer got there she remembered that she needed to be on earth. 
Lucifer giving her Lilith's ring so she could go back was too much to handle, as he was dying. Of course this is the moment he finally tells her that he loves her. To me a bit of a meh confession, but still happy it happened. Once Chloe wakes up she goes ham on Michael and almost kills him. This is when Lucifer come back and with his sacrifice he becomes GOD, and can go back to heaven anytime.

So overall, Lucifer becoming GOD is very interesting, and I am intrigued in how they play that in the last season. I am happy Deckerstar is together and Mr. and Mrs. G can live happy. I am happy that Eve is back, as well as Trixie. Not my favorite season, but still enjoyed watching it. Tell me what you thought of the season? See you guys next time.  





Comments

Popular Posts