Lucifer Season 6 Review

The end has come and I am not okay. I have been kind of dreading the end of one of my favorite shows. I will say right now that season 6 is hands down one of the best seasons. I got up at 5am for it and it was so worth it. Overall an amazing end to the show and such a great season. I bawled my eyes out at the end and I'm still not okay. So below I will do spoilers so come back and read after you have watched all 10 episodes. 




Spoilers ahead 


I'm not going to go into detail after detail as I am still drained from the ending, but here we go.

Lucifer still not becoming God was such a plot vice and I swear all of 5B did not need to happen. Chloe and Lucifer trying to figure out the God stuff was nice. In the end, his deciding that being God is not for him was the right choice. I do like how Ameindial did become God but had his family for help. Ameindial went through so much with becoming an officer and seeing how black people are treated. The show handled the situation very well. Glad Chloe came back to help from the inside. 

Maze and Eve finally having a happy ending was great and I loved the wedding. Wish we had more screen time from them. Adam showing up was a bit weird but he needs so much help. Maze and Eve had great wedding gowns and it was such a beautiful wedding. Love they got a happy ending. 





Linda was a mood and her writing the book was funny and cringe. Love how that whole episode was basically a flashback episode. Glad she knows that she is still a great therapist. 

Ella getting love makes me so happy. The way she finally figured out they were who they were was great. I love she took it and gave them so much crap for not trusting her. In the end, her having a STEM program is great and much needed. 

Dan's storyline made me cry so hard. Him being a ghost was so sad to see and trying to get into Heaven. When he tells Trixie sorry for being a bad dad (in a different body) and she said no he was the best, I lost it. He went to Heaven as his guilt was gone. Now he is with Charlotte and happy. 

As for Trixie, I wanted more and I'm not happy how she wasn't at her mom's death bed and didn't get a father figure at all. 

Now for the really big stuff. I called it that the angel was Deckerstar's kid. When Rory said mom, I jumped, man. With Rory trying to kill Lucifer first, I knew he was her dad. Great casting by the way. 
Rory is amazing and awesome and a new favorite character. I wasn't too happy with the time travel bit, but I do understand how it works in this series. 


After Rory said Lucifer wasn't there for her childhood, I was like nope, not good. Them trying to figure out how that could happen was very good. With the end of Lucifer going back to Hell to heal the souls was a good idea. I'm not great with Rory making Lucifer not change anything, so he could have been in her life, but I get it. 

Seeing them bond and get so far was great. Tom Ellis did such a fantastic job and it was like he was talking to his own daughters. 




Also, all the Bones' references and then Rory mentioning it was great as I love both shows. 



Now with Deckerstar. This was their season and it was all perfect. Only small fights and they were happy until Lucifer had to leave. The ending before he leaves hurts so bad and showcases their love so much. I will do another top Deckerstar list soon because there is so much to cover. So many moments to cover and I will cry all over again. 



The very end showing what everyone ends up doing is great and watching Chloe become lieutenant was amazing. Watching Trixie and her baby sister Rory was so pure. Seeing Charlie get his wings was hilarious. Everyone ended up happy. 



Then the end scene killed me. So Rory goes back to Chloe on her death bed really old and tells her she will see her on the other side because she now knows the truth. 
Chloe goes to Heaven and Amendial tells her is she ready to go home and the music starts. 





I SWEAR WHY DID THEY USE WELCOME TO THE BLACK PARADE?! The note hit and I lost it, like why??? That song already makes me emotional. I digress, Lucifer is helping patients with their grief and he gets a knock on his door. Chloe is there, and she's like "partners till the end" and they kiss. They end the show with a Deckerstar kiss and "We'll carry on". 

I am not okay! This show was so good and my favorite for the past three years. The ending was great and my Deckerstar is endgame. Season 1, 4, and 6 were the best and I will be re-watching this season in two weeks when my dad gets back from vacation. Here is to the King and Queen of Hell.




Hope everyone loved it too! 

Comments

Popular Posts