Best Coming of Age Movies

While stuck at home, I have been trying to watch movies that I love. One of my favorite genres is coming of age movies since it can resonate with a lot of us. Here are my favorites, however, there are so many more than just the ten I am sharing. 

Cara Delevingne Movie Review GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Google

10. Love, Simon 

Love simon gif 5 » GIF Images Download

The ending just hits the heart. I feel like teens going through something like this can relate and feel like they are Simon. It's an adorable movie with a powerful message.


9. The Outsiders

The Outsiders Ponyboy Curtis GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I read the book in middle school, and I fell in. love The movie does follow the story really well and I cry at the end. Such a great cast as well. 

8. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Alexis Bledel GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

One of my favorites growing up. I love the friendship and the symbolism this movie had. A great movie to watch with friends and reminisce about old times.  

7. Juno

Ellen Page Juno GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

This movie is so heartfelt and comedic gold. 

6. Mean Girls 

Mean Girls GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Classic.

5. 10 Things I Hate About You

10 Things I Hate About You GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

One of my favorite movies. I love everything about this movie, and it's such a 90s classic.

4. Call Me By Your Name 

Call Me By Your Name' Is An Amazing Love Story, Don't Call It ...

The movie is just so beautiful and makes me want young love. It also shows that young love comes with heartbreak. 

3. Perks of Being A Wallflower

The perks of being a wallflower GIF on GIFER - by Cegamand

The message is just so powerful. I just watched it again last week, and I love everything about it. It's okay to be an outcast, you just need the right people by your side. 

2. Lady Bird 

spiderliliez | Saoirse Ronan (as Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson)...

So many people can relate to this character. She wants to be so much more, yet she doesn't really know what she wants.  

1. Booksmart

High School Running GIF by Booksmart - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think this is the most realistic coming of age movie. It shows so much of high school that is real, and how people want to be. It's also so funny and I love their friendship. 

Comments

Popular Posts