We Need to Talk More About Bridgerton

 So I am now fully obsessed with this whole universe and I want to talk about it more. After my review of season one, I have now read the next five books in about two days each and I am not mad about it. So I am going to talk about the books in the paragraphs below, so skip the ones that you don't want spoilers for. Also, I'm gonna talk more about the show cuz I want season two now. 



The Viscount Who Loved Me

I have so many feeling for this book. OMG. So not to spoil the whole book, but its enemies to lovers and there is a corgi. Like this book was made for me. Also the main heroin is named Kate and I am OK with that. So this is Anthony's book, and it might be my favorite. Kate is amazing and I love her relationship with her half sister Edwina. There is speculation on who the casting is going to, but I saw on Tumblr that people want someone of Asian decent and I now kind of want that to. I also just saw last night that they might cast Indian, so I am hype. Also the bee in season one was hyping book two and ahhhh I get it now. 


Also Anthony might be my favorite brother. 

An Offer From a Gentleman 

OK, when I first read the little snip bit of Benedicts book, I was not intrigued, so I read Colin's before his. I was wrong and his book is so good, it might be the best in the series. Its a soulmates trope but also Cinderella trope. I'm not one for the Cinderella trope, but they did spice it up. Benedict did annoy me slightly in the book sometimes, but Sophie really put him in his place. Now I know a lot of people want him to be gay, or bi in the show, and they want them to change genders for Sophie. I don't really know what they do, I do hope they go forward with bi Benedict, but I really want them to do right by Sophie. Now for casting, I see Hispanic. When I read the book, I just pictured her like that and I hope they will do that with the show. 


Also we must protect this bean at all costs.


Romancing Mr. Bridgerton

Colin is the show is a cinnamon roll, in the book he annoys me. I said what I said. Certain parts in the book he just seams so meh and I want to smack the boy. Now this book takes place ten years after the first season, so he is in his thirty's he needs to stop whining. Penelope is amazing and I still love that Queen. Overall, this book took me the longest to finish, but I do love how Colin finally sees Pen. With season One changing the plot a little, lets see how it changes for their season. I am so excited to see that
man swoon over his Pen. Also this is the book we find out who Lady Whistledown is and the show already spoiled that. 


Make my boy stay a cinnamon roll. 

To Sir Phillip With Love

Finally Eloise's book. She is the true Queen of the show and she is everyone's favorite. Now her book is going to have changes since we have met Sir Phillip in season one since he marries Marnia. Now Marnia has more of a plot in the show, so lets see how they change the book with this.  This book made me sad and it did. Much darker then the others. Eloise was brilliant and I love the chapters with her brothers. Sir Phillip is OK, but I don't know how they are going to change the plot. This is the book I feel will have the most difference with the show. I also just finished this one, and it is fresh on my mind. 


My Queen does not share her food. 


Now back to the show, I am just obsessed with the costumes and I want to recreate all of them. They are not historical, but I want to work for this show, so dang bad. 
I have not read the rest of the books in the series, and might wait until the second season comes out. I want to know more about the other three Bridgertons before I dive into their books. I already know certain spoilers but still might wait. 

Overall, read the books they are easy reads and they make the show make so much sense. 







All images from Tumblr. 






Comments

Popular Posts