How To Get Your Sleep Schedule Back On Track

 If your like me, you've spent all of last year not having a sleep routine. Over the past couple of months it has been really hard for me to get up past ten am. I used to be an early bird back in the early day of last year then covid hit. It has gotten really bad in the last three months, to where I could not fall asleep past three am. A lot of it due to being on Tik Tok, but still no sleep for me. 

So on Sunday I decided to try something different and see its effects on me. This is what I did.


Alix Rogers Photo


I stopped using my phone about twenty minutes before I wanted to turn off my lights. After I brushed my teeth and did my skin care routine, I went to my room to wind down. I turned on my fairy lights and started to play sleepy music from my phone. I had already set my alarm and made sure, I could just turn off the music as I went to bed. 

Alix Rogers Photo


After I set the music I started to do some light stretching before just laying on my bed, but not underneath the covers. I am still trying to make my own sleepy music playlist and I am in the process right now. This really worked as I was starting to actually get more tired. 


Alix Rogers Photo


When I knew I had chilled enough I turned off the music, lights, and turned on my fan. After getting into bed, it took about twenty minutes for me to fall asleep. I woke up twice in the middle of the night, but did not check my phone or move. I woke up before my alarm the next day and finally got enough sleep. This worked again last night, it just took longer to fall asleep.   

Hopefully this will continue working and I can say I mastered my sleeping schedule. 



 




Comments

Popular Posts