My Top 5 Movies Of All Time

Over the weekend, my friends and I watched some of my favorite movies. This got me thinking, why not share my top five. I love movies and have a long list that I always want to watch. But there is a certain top five that I can watch again and again. These movies will always be my favorite and maybe they are some of your favorites, too. Enjoy!


5. Great Gatsby (2013) 


Of course, old sport! The 1920s is one of my favorite time periods and I love the fashion as well as the glitz and glam of it all. When I read the book, I fell in love instantly. Then the movie was set to come out and I couldn't wait. The raw emotion of each character and how the story progresses catches your heart and takes it for a wild ride. I love how Baz Luhrmann took a classic story and made it for the new age. The movie has produced one of my favorite soundtracks ever and I cannot even describe my love for the costume design. It has everything I love packed into one movie. Perfection! 


4. Pitch Perfect (2012)


This movie is one of the funniest movies in a long time. I can recite the whole thing word for word. The plot is new and refreshing and has some of the best one liners. It's funny and heartwarming to watch and makes you want more when the movie is over. The second one did not really hit it for me, but I am hoping that the third one that comes out in December is just as good as the first. It better be accaperfect. 

3. Tangled (2010) 

 

My favorite Disney movie because this movie made me feel everything at once when I first watched it. The beauty of this story makes you want to pursue your dreams and makes you feel like love is out there. I cried the first time I saw it and I can have it on repeat for hours. I watch the series on Disney Channel just to get more, and it's really good to see the story being continued. We all know that Rapunzel and Eugene are one of my top ships and this is why. The movie is just that good. It will make you see the light. 


2. Harry Potter (Entire Series 2001-now) 


God bless, Harry Potter. It is my favorite thing ever and I will always love Harry Potter more than everything. This series was my favorite but was beat for number one because every time I watch one of the movies (Half Blood Prince especially) I scream at the screen about the changing plots or forgotten important scenes. 19 years later, Dumbledore's funeral etc. These are my favorite books of all time and my favorite story. I have grown up with them and still remember watching Chamber of Secrets in the movie theater when I was five. I cried for three days straight after Deathly Hallows Part 2 and was depressed for so long. Fantastic Beasts brought back the tears, but this time in joy for a new beginning to what I thought was over. This story made me believe in magic, helped me through so many struggles and will always be at the top. If the movies were exactly like the books, it would be number one, but they cannot do that. I love you, Harry Potter universe, and I always will. 

1. How to Train Your Dragon (Entire Series 2010-2019) 


The first movie was perfection. The second one was as well, and I already know the third will be just as good as the first two or even better. The story is fun and takes you on an adventure you love. I have always loved dragons (Harry Potter) so of course I would love this movie. I also love the time of the vikings and their history, so it is a double win for me. These were the movies my friends and I watched this weekend and I could watch it again right now. I want my own Toothless and not just my Build-A-Bear version. I want to fly on a dragon and feel the wind in my hair. That is how much this movie has impacted me. The second movie made me cry in the theater because I did not expect it to be just as good as the first. This movie has adventure, comedy, drama, love and heart. It is for any age and it is a timeless movie that will always be a classic. 

Comments

Popular Posts