My Textiles Work

This fall quarter has been tough and a blast at the same time. I spent way too much time in my dorm, so during the winter that is changing. I also have a full schedule again so I won't be in my room as much. Thank God it was getting old real quick. I also got a job to start in January and I can’t wait to try working while I’m in school. Pray for me. But enough about school, lets talk about fashion.

During the fall I took Intro to Textiles. I was so excited to start using different methods and learn about fabrics and techniques. It was very challenging but rewarding after all of my projects were finished. Here are my pieces from this class.


Woven Knits


For my first project I had to learn different weave techniques and apply them with yarn and create two designs. I learned a lot about weaving and had to learn how to make better designs.

Dyed Fabric



This was the hardest project. I had to dye 30 different swatches and use 30 different techniques. It took me a whole week and countless hours to create all of them. My favorite is the one above. I used a simple dye technique and designed a three piece collection. I love these designs so much, very proud of them. 

Repeat Patterns







This one was a bitch. I had to redo a whole pattern and redo my designs at the last minute. It made me a better designer though. Each pattern was created on Ai and took many hours. I do like how some patterns turned out and cannot wait to make these into actual clothes. 

Lazer Cut



Another favorite project. I was worried going into this one, but I am so happy with the results. All the materials are leather and I used the stars and moon as my inspiration. The design is made for the back of a leather jacket. I definitely want to create more with this. 

Embellishments and Beading




This was my final and I had a lot of fun working on it. I was scared to start since I've never done beading before. Once I got the hang of it, though, I fell in love. These are my favorite designs I did this year. I was inspired by snakes and their movement. I cannot wait to bead more in the future. 

I also had two research projects where I had to make a fabric care book and a swatch book of different fabrics. 








Comments

Popular Posts