Top Shows of the 2010's

This is a hard list to narrow down. The amount of TV shows that I watched in the past decade is most likely over a hundred. I had to decide which were my absolute top 10, and really determine what was best. I am excluding Sex Education and Umbrella Academy as they just came out last year and only have one season each. I am also adding one show that started in the 2000s but became even more of a success in the 2010s. 
Here is my top shows of the 2010s.  

Image result for breaking bad gif

10. Jane the Virgin (2014-2019)

Image result for jane the virgin gif

One of the best CW shows in a long time. This show was full of comedy, drama, and twists. I was skeptical about the premise, but when I watched it, I got hooked. The family aspect of this show is so important and I recommend this show to everyone. 

9. Lucifer (2016-2020)

Image result for lucifer gif

Even though I just got into this show last year, it got me hooked. It's so funny and yet can be so sad. I love his character so much and cannot wait for season 5. I will be crying a lot when it ends.

8. Outlander (2014-)

Image result for outlander gif

This show got me hooked in the first episode. This was one of my favorite shows for years. As the seasons go on, I am not loving it as much, but this show is still wonderful. Season 5 is next month and I am so excited to see it. 

7. Downton Abbey (2010- 2015)

Image result for downton abbey gif

The first period drama that I really invested myself in. The first couple of seasons were my favorite and the show ripped my heart out at certain points. I will always love this show, and the movie last year was an excellent addition. The costumes and characters were just amazing. 

6. New Girl (2011-2018)

Image result for new girl gif

One of the best sitcoms. This show was so funny and quirky it always made me laugh. The friendships in this show were everything and I do miss it from time to time. 

5. Sherlock (2010-2017)

Image result for sherlock gif

My friends got me addicted to this show. It's so fast and witty and I love Sherlock and Watson's relationship. Each episode is so intriguing and I want more. 

4. The Marvelous Mrs. Masiel (2017-)

Image result for marvelous mrs maisel gif

Each season gets better and better. The writing is so fastpaced and funny and the wit of each character is great. This is a force to be reckoned with, and I hope the rest of the series is just as amazing as the first three seasons. 


3. Stranger Things (2016-)

Image result for stranger things gif

Such a fantastic show. Each season is so different and makes you love each character more and more. My baby Steve is my favorite and I need great things to happen to him in the next season. Also, give Will more screen time. He is the true hero of this show. 

2. Mad Men (2007-2015)

Image result for mad men gif

This show broke so many molds. Peggy and Joan are legends, and it was great to see them rising up in a man's world. This show showed the dark times of the '60s and '70s in the ad world, while also giving us a deep understanding of what each person was going through. One of the best shows ever. 

1. Game of Thrones (2011-2019)

Image result for game of thrones gif

Even with the last season, this show was the best of the decade. Almost everyone watched this show, and every year it won all the awards. This changed TV history and this show will always be remembered as one of the greats. At least in two years, we get a prequel that we hope they won't screw up. 


What was your favorite show of the past decade?



All gifs are from Google and are not mine. 

Comments

Popular Posts