Lana Del Rey "Honeymoon" Album Review

Finally on the fourth album. In two weeks or so, Lana will be releasing her newest album. So I am going to try to get through these album reviews, so I can do an honest first-time review for her 7th album. 

Honeymoon is a very interesting album. The soft melody with hardcore lyrics really sinks in deep into your soul. To me, listening with headphones is a must with these songs because you can feel the depth in her voice.  

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY


"Honeymoon" - 8/10


The strings at the beginning are so powerful. The soft tone of her voice makes this such a relaxing song to fall asleep to. I imagine this is a great intro song for a movie. 

"Music To Watch The Boys To" - 8/10


The beat in the background amplifies her vocals. The strings are also so powerful and important to this song. Another song to really relax to. 

"Terrance Loves You" - 8/10


This song is heartbreaking and beautiful. You can hear the pain in her voice as she sings. The perfect break up song really. 


"God Knows I Tried" - 10/10


My favorite song off of this album. It really hits deep for me. I imagine myself in a swamp in summer in the moonlight. I love singing this song so much as well. An underrated song of hers. 


"High By The Beach" - 9/10


This song has a sick beat. A more upbeat song with underlying tones of sadness. It is fun to dance and sing to in the car though. Also, her high notes are impeccable. 

"Freak" - 9/10


Those instrumentals are killer. Also, you hear the same bugs in the background as "God Knows I Tried". A song to really get lost in, and get many feelings from.


"Art Deco" - 8/10


Another song that I get lost in. I adore the name of the song and really see how it fits well with the time period it references.  Also, she sings like an angel in those higher notes.

"Burnt Norton" - Interlude  


I am not giving this a rating, but I do love it when she speaks of poetry. I did just buy her upcoming poetry book and audiobook. 

"Religion" - 9/10


This song really dives deep into sorrow. You can feel her pain and others from being in a toxic relationship and feeling like you've merged into one person instead of your own separate people. She is praying to someone that does not deserve her.

"Salvatore" - 9/10


This song really calms me. Reminds me of summer and the calmness of the breeze. I played this song while I was in Italy a lot.

"The Blackest Day" - 8/10


"Deeper and deeper" is such a great lyric. This song is another one that represents how love can be toxic and tragic at times. Lana representing how she feels nothing can resonate with so many people about heartbreak. 

"24" - 9/10



I can't really get across what this song does to me. I feel calm and sleepy, but also I want to sway away into the night dancing to it. Also, it's a mood of a song because there needs to be more time in the day. 

"Swan Song" - 8/10


Violins at it again. This song is perfect for an action movie ball sequence. Her vocals are killer like always and it's really a great cover of this song. 

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - 7/10


Not my favorite cover of this song. She is great like always but there are better versions. I do feel like I'm in a 60s movie when hearing it. 





























Comments

Popular Posts