Lana Del Rey "Ultraviolence Deluxe Addition" Album Review

 Her third album came out at a very odd time for me. This is when I fully got into her music and waited for this album to be released. Some of her best work can be heard off of this album and it takes a new direction from the previous albums and unreleased songs. 

I saw the Ultraviolence tour in Michigan and it was one of the best experiences. Here is my review of this album. 

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY


"Cruel World" - 10/10


The mellow drama in this song hits me so hard. 
This was my favorite when this album came out. 
A great intro song for the album.

"Ultraviolence" - 9/10


This video came out on my birthday and I was so hyped. 
As time goes on, this song gets better. 
It's a new world she created and I cry every time I listen to it. 
The spoken part is great too.

"Shades of Cool" - 9/10


A dreamy world view. 
I get lost in the music every time. 
The video is great as well.

"Brooklyn Baby" - 9/10


The story gets better with age. 
The high notes kill my soul. 
There are so many meanings to this beautiful song. 


"West Coast" - 8/10


This is my walk on the beach song. 
I used to really love it, but I think I listened to it too much. 
Always was happy when it came on at work. 


"Sad Girl" - 9/10


My depression song. 
I always put this on when I am feeling down. 
I don't know how, but it makes me feel better.


"Pretty When I Cry" - 8/10


The guitar kills me. 
I have to be in a certain mood for this song. 
It will make you cry and think about life. 

"Money Power Glory" - 8/10


This gives me hard core vibes like you want to be bad with this song. 
Also the new remix with the Weekend that just came out is amazing.

"Fucked My Way Up To The Top" - 9/10


Gives me Game Of Thrones vibes and I am here for it. 
I love how this song just doesn't care, as well as being beautiful. 


"Old Money" - 8/10


Such a beautiful song with a powerful undertone. 
I feel like this needs to be in a movie in an important scene. 
I just sway while listening to it.

"The Other Woman" - 7/10


Not my fav cover by her. 
I like how it does go with the album though.


"Black Beauty" - 10/10


The story in this song is fire. 
An underrated song for sure. 
I want to wear all black every time I listen to it. 


"Guns and Roses" - 8/10


A great long night driving song. 
Very mellow and serene. 
I love how she mentions Detroit in the song.

"Florida Kilos" - 9/10


I loved the beat of this song, and I feel like it ends the album on a high note. 
Always a summer vibe. 














Comments

Popular Posts