Umbrella Academy Season 2 Review

One of my favorite shows came back on Friday and I binged the whole season in 10 hours. I could not sleep so I started at 3 AM when the new season dropped. I will be sharing an overview, so some spoilers but not full detail ones. Here is my review on season 2. 

The Umbrella Academy Season2 GIF - TheUmbrellaAcademy Season2 Omg ...


It was an enjoyable season, but in the first five minutes, I was confused. I could look up how the time travel worked this time, but just don't have the energy. With them going back into various times in the early 60s, I got confused as to how they would change the time, yet still be born in '89. That's the only problem I had with the story this time.

I will say the character development was great. My baby Klaus didn't have enough screen time to my liking but him being a cult leader was pure perfection. I didn't like Luther or Diego in the first season, but this season I came to love them. Also Diego's storyline was interesting. Allision's, of course, is heartbreaking as she is a black woman in the south in the 60s. Even Vana had a great storyline and I love those characters added. Five is just starting to annoy me but oh well. I also love Ben more and more and cried with him.

The two biggest plot twists were weird and odd. I saw the first one coming, but it was pretty obvious. The second one, I am just confused and wish they went more into it before the end. 

The cliff hanger was interesting, but still confuses me with the time travel, so let's see how they make that into season 3. Overall, I give the season an 8/10. Action was great and besides some confusion, a great storyline. 

Comments

Popular Posts