Best Songs of 2020

 I'm coming back with one of my favorite posts. This year we all needed music to get through everything. There were a lot of great new albums and singles, and even two full albums from Taylor Swift. I feel like pop music had a resurgence this year which was great. I also went back into my emo phase and listened to so much pop-punk. 

I'm also going to say that hopefully, 2021 is going to be great for music as well especially since a new Lana album is upon us. 

Here is my list of the best songs of 2020.


50. My Future - Billie Eilish 


She is coming in again with so many bangers. 
I really like how this song is relatable and makes me think, like most of her other music. 
Lovely melody as well. 


49. Caution - The Killers


Always love new music from this classic band. 
This song is really fun to jam out to in the car. 
A song that can easily get stuck in my head. 


48. Hardest to Love - The Weeknd


This new album was so good. 
So mad he did not get nominated for a Grammy. 
This man deserves it. 


47. Isolation - Two Door Cinema Club


Wow, what a great cover. 
I'm always a fan of this band, and they covered a classic. 
Need to listen to this song more often. 


46. Heat Waves - Glass Animals 



Finally a new album from this fantastic band. 
This song was a summer smash and really helped with not being able to go anywhere. 
Will be playing this song all winter.


45. Who's Laughing Now - Ava Max 


One of my new favorite pop artists. 
Her music just puts me in a great mood. 
I always put on her music on my way to work and jam in the car.

44. Causing Love - RAIGN 


So happy we got a whole new album. 
A lot of these songs slap, and I played them for three weeks straight. 
This song was my favorite out of the album and a really good listen.


43. WTF Do I Know - Miley Cyrus


Her rock album is amazing. 
There are so many songs that are so good. 
I keep playing this song all the time because I can jam out and sing along so easily. 

42. Alter Ego - KALEO


Finally new KALEO stuff!
 I have been waiting for new music for years. 
This song really represents this year, and I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. 
Need to go back and listen to this whole album.


41. the last great american dynasty - Taylor Swift



Taylor killed it this year. 
Folklore was amazing. 
I really loved the whole album, and this song was one of my favorites. 
I love the storytelling of this song, and how I can so clearly picture it.


40. Scarlet Cross - Black Veil Brides


My emo phase is back. 
This song is really good, and it's fun to jam to.

39. Your Love - Glass Animals 


This song is perfect to bop to in the car. 
The intro is everything and really stands out. 
One of my new favorites from them.

38. Broken Boy - Cage the Elephant 


I played this song way too much during the beginning of the year. 
Always fun to play and always a great band.

37. Break My Baby - KALEO


This song likes to play with my emotions. 
It's a very hard song, but the underlying tone is very sensitive and sad. 
I always have so many emotions when listening. 


36. Wine, Beer, Whiskey - Little Big Town


This song is way too catchy. 
I found myself just randomly singing at all times of the day. 
Not a good message, but still a fun song. 


35. Walls - Louis Tomlinson


Wow, this song is beautiful. 
His music this year was really good and underrated. 
A great melody and a great video to go along with it. 

34. Deleter -  Grouplove


Finally some new music from them. 
This song gets in my head and I just sing along all day. 
Helped in the early months for sure. 


33. Cardigan - Taylor Swift


She really surprised me with this album. 
It's such a great story and really easy to get caught up in. 
One of her best for sure. 

32. Teardrops - Bring Me To The Horizon


This song is great for workouts or when I want to dance hard. 
It was my driving song for about two weeks and I couldn't stop listening to it. 


31. Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish 


She is at it again with making my heart hurt. 
This song actually hits deep when you really listen to it. 
It's also just fun to sing along to.


30. Sweetness - Ashton Irwin


I am obsessed with a couple of these songs. 
This one is a true rock song, and it makes me happy he went that route for his own stuff. 
The intro is my favorite part. 


29. Potential Breakup Song - Aly & Aj


A new version of one of my favorite songs! 
Finally, we have a grown-up version of this song! 
I don't know if I love the old one better still, but I am happy that they made a new one. 

28. Dirty - grandson


Another banger from this man. 
I love working out to it as it brings up my mood. 
A great listen for when I'm feeling down. 


27. Wonder - Shawn Mendes


The first song I like from him. 
The chorus in the background and instruments elevate this song to 100%. 
It is really a beautiful song and I'm happy he went in this direction. 


26. Illusion - Foreign Air


So happy to get new music from them. 
I was obsessed with them in college. 
This song is really great to bop around in the car to. 
Cannot wait for more.


25. Nothing Personal - Des Rocs


New EP makes me happy. 
All of the songs are great and this one I overplayed way too much. 

24. Talking to Myself - Sleeping with Sirens


My middle school emo/pop punk band is back and better than ever.
 This year really made me go back to this music and I am not mad about it. 
Fantastic song and I overplayed it. 

23. Savage Daughter - Sarah Hester 


I blame Tik Tok for my love of this song. 
It makes me want to get all my friends and dance in a flower field. 
We need more music like this to be popular. 


22. I Can't Hardly Speak - Bombay Bicycle Club


The beginning of this year was this song. 
I played it way too much last January. 
Did find a new band out of it so I am a happy camper. 


21. Greyhound - Ashton Irwin


My favorite of his album. 
This song just brings me a lot of joy and I don't really know how to describe it. 
Just an overall fantastic song. 

20. No Body, No Crime - Taylor Swift ft. Haim


I think this is my new favorite song by her. 
It has an edgy feel to it and it just brings a smile to my face.


19. In Over My Head - grandson


This song is a mood. 
This really sums up the year and I think everyone's mood. 


18. Some Kind of Disaster - All Time Low


A song to blare in the car. 
The lyrics are funny and accurate to this year. 
Love how they came out with new music at the right time. 


17. Wap - Cardi B and Megean The Stallion 


This is the most catchy song. 
Very dirty but that is the appeal of it. 
The lyrics are so funny and are great quotes. 
I laugh every time I start saying the words. 


16. Summertime The Gerschwin Version - Lana Del Rey


My queen is back with some blues. 
I already know every word and really love her deep voice in this. 
A great little pre-game before her new album hits.


15. Hang On - NEED TO BREATHE


My heart hurts when I listen to this song.
 So many different emotions come up and make me think. 

14. Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus


Miley's new genre is rock, and she should keep doing it. 
A song that gets me jamming and puts me in a great mood. 


13. The End - JPOLND


I thank Bridgerton for being my new obsession and giving me this wonderful song. 
I have overplayed it these last couple of days and it is the right mood to end 2020.

12. Troubles Coming - Royal Blood


My new song to strut to.
 I have always enjoyed their music and was very happy to hear new music from them. 

11. Rain on Me - Lady Gaga ft Ariana Grande


Gaga and her new album helped so much this year. 
This song was the best of the summer and I could not stop listening to it! 

10. Red Dessert - 5 Seconds of Summer

My road trip song for out west. 
My summer song as well.

9. Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor - Aly & AJ


I want to dance to this song in a club. 
The beat is so easy to start moving to. 


8. Power - Ellie Golding


This song feels like classic Ellie and I am here for it. 
Need more music like this from her.

7. Hallucinate - Dua Lipa


I adore her new music. 
I know so many dances to this song that I start doing randomly. 
This album needs a Grammy. 

6. Stupid Love - Lady Gaga


Classic Gaga makes my heart full.
 A great song.


5. Wayne - Des Rocs


Rock and country together, uh yes. 
I think of the west with this song and I need to be in a cowboy bar. 

4. Let Me Love You Like A Woman - Lana Del Rey


Beautiful, stunning work as always.

3. Physical - Dua Lipa


Best dance song of 2020. 
Just dance and let everything go away.

2. Devils Advocate - The Neighborhood


One of my favorite for this year. 
Always puts me in a great mood and I always dance along.

1. Lambs Wool - Foster the People


My most played new song this year. 
I never got sick of it and it's an all-time favorite now. 



Comments

Popular Posts