To 2018

Happy New Years! 
I have never really been a fan of this day. For eight straight years I would cry when the ball dropped and would have a huge anxiety attack. I relate this back to 2006 when the worst year of my life so far ended. I do not know if I cried of happiness that it was over or that the new year would be the same. But as I get older it gets better and even though I do not like the day, I look forward to a new year of possibility. 


2017 was not a bad year but I did not spend my free time doing productive things that will help my future. This year I started off with gaining some weight and my motivation for school was a little low. But as the year progressed my grades are very good, my friends and family are amazing, and from January to December I have lost about 20 pounds! 



After The Bee Fit Challenge, I noticed that my body image issues and eating problems were not there as much. I still have days where is does come back, but I can say that this is the first year since 2011 where my body image disorder did not take up my mind. So Haza!! Since this was not a main priority I do feel like the formative years of being a teen and devolpoting certain emotions did go back a couple of years.  This started off at the end of last year but I was never boy crazy and only was attracted to some people, but this year it went into full bloom. Like really I am now twenty and I feel like I am acting like a 14 year old. But when I was 14 my mind was focused on food, so it makes sense to me that I did not feel that way back then. 

With me not being so crazy about my weight and food (I love how I lost weight without trying) I kinda went back to my 12 year old self with being fan crazy about TV shows and actors. I have always been like this but I have not been this focused on it since I got into Harry Potter in 2009. My mom hates that series to this day because I was so crazy about it. Still am but not as much. But Riverdale took over my year. We all know that with my Bughead moments and my season 2 review. But I have not read fanfiction since I was 12 and the whole summer was working and reading Bughead fanfiction, then it turned into Stydia fanfiction with Bughead. So I feel like my year had to much focus on this and I did not do as much as I should have. 


Not the worst thing in the world but my main focus for the new year is to limit my time on Tumblr and how many fanfictions I read. I also spent way to much time in my dorm room this past fall and I am aiming to get out more and be adventurous. But thats enough of the tings I did way to much of and the best things of 2017. 

My friends are amazing.
Riverdale is now one of my favorite TV shows, even though season 2 is kinda shit.
I am doing well in school and finally got a job in Savannah and could be going to France in the summer. 
My art is so much better then last years. 
I started a Blog and I love it!
I read everyday. (Even though its fanfiction)
My family is the best and I love my animals. 
I am happy with my body for once in 6 years. 
I am excited for the future. 




Now I am excited for so many things in 2018. I don't love resolutions because they never really stick, so here are my goals for the year. 

Write in my journal everyday.
Go out and explore the city and do something new every weekend. 
Try not to miss a workout and limit the sweets but do not go crazy about it. 
Follow my beauty routine to keep my skin healthy.
Focus on my art and do more besides school work to expand my Portfolio.
Take every opportunity that comes my way. 
Get back into clubs and be apart of school life more.
Try new projects and hang out with friends you do not see as often. 
My biggest goal is to limit time spent on Tumblr and reading fanfictions and try not to think about them all the time. 
Also try to relax if a TV show (Riverdale) is not going the way you like it and realize that this does not effect your life. 








2018 I hope you bring love, friendship, success and strive and make it my best year yet. I will also be 21, so I get to look forward to that. 

Comments

Popular Posts