Favorite Friends to Lovers Couples

As I was looking back at some older posts, I came across my post of couples I usually fall for when it comes to TV and Movies. I figured why don't I do a series where I elaborate more on the ships that I listed as well as adding more of my favorite ones. I am starting with best friends to lovers because its the first type of ships I started to love. You can probably guess my top three if you have read any of my other ships posts. Some of these ships can also fit into other categories, but I am keeping them in this one because I see them first with this. I am going to keep it at fifteen ships, but of course, I do have more. These are just my absolute favorite ones.
Enjoy, and tell me if you agree with my picks.


Movie fan profile GIF - Find on GIFER


15. Bianca and Wesley - The Duff

Teenage Fanatic: 'The Duff' Review (with GIF's!)

See they went to friends to enemies to lovers, so it's a weird mixture. Once they started to help each other with their problems, it felt like the friendship never went away, and it just blossomed into more. 


14. Lizzie and Gordo - Lizzie McGuire 

gordo and lizzie | Tumblr

Anyone that watched this show was just waiting for this moment. I remember watching the movie when it came out when I was in kindergarten and I was freaking out that this finally happened. Hopefully, we get more in the reboot. 

13. Lily and Oliver - Hannah Montana

 lillypop | Tumblr

So shocked when this happened. We did not see this coming, and it was amazing. They stayed true to being friends, and really showed how they can make it work.

12. Ned and Mose - Ned's Declassified Schools Survival Guide 

ned and mose | Tumblr 

Another one we were waiting for. Seeing little hints through the series was great, and watching them figure out that they wanted more. The last episode was just so good. 

11. Danny and Sam - Danny Phantom 

Danny Phantom Sam | Danny phantom, Danny phantom sam, Phantom

These two cuties are so clueless. Waiting until the finale for these two to realize and get together was so worth it and yet so frustrating. A true friends to lovers couple. 

10. Gert and Chase - The Runaways 

Gertchase | Shipping Wiki | Fandom

These two are soulmates. Watching them go through all they have been through is so emotional, and the finale gets you crying. I really love how they support and love each other. 

9. Max and Zoey - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist 

zoey's extraordinary playlist | Tumblr

My newest ship and I am obsessed. This can also be in unrequited love since she finds out her best friend is in love with her, but I really see them more on this list. The season 1 finale got me shook. The way he is always there for her is heartwarming and I want more for season 2.

8. Eric and Donna - That 70's Show

Eric & Donna - 4x25 GIF by Norman-Freak89 | Gfycat

Even with their problems, these two are meant for one another. We get to see how they go from friends to more, and it's a ride. Happy with how they got back together in the finale.

7. Emma and Mr. Knightly - Emma

george knightley | Tumblr

I love Jane Austen so much. Him being 16 years her senior, he has known her since birth. Now it can be seen as weird, but they grow as friends, and as she becomes older and of age, they start to realize that they are in love with each other. The 2020 movie version shows it perfectly and I love it. 

6. Maeve and Otis - Sex Education 

livelovecaliforniadreams on Tumblr

PAIN. These two are not even together yet and I am still mad with the season 2 finale. Friends first then they both realize they are in love with one another, but then she is dating someone else, then he is. It's a  mess of drama. I want season 3 with them finally together. 

5. Nick and Jess - New Girl

gifs new girl Zooey Deschanel Jake M. Johnson nick and jess all ...

We rooted. We waited. We finally saw it happen. Then we were distressed, and in the last season, happy again. 

4. Riley and Danny - Baby Daddy

Baby Daddy Fan Art: Danny•Riley GIF | Gfycat

Another ship where you were just waiting for her to figure out that he is in love with her. This ship also falls under unrequited love, but them being best friends since they were 6 makes me put them into this category. I screamed when they finally got together. I was very happy how they ended up married and had a baby boy at the end. 

3. Chandler and Monica - Friends 

Monica geller ross geller courtney cox GIF on GIFER - by Mezil

A perfect couple that really showcases friends to lovers. They didn't even see each other as a future partner until it happened. These two are adorable and the best ship of Friends

2. Ron and Hermione - Harry Potter

Ron Weasley Hermione GIF - RonWeasley Hermione Angry - Discover ...

The reason I love this trope so much. They went from frenemies to best friends and then to finally getting together after years of being stupid for one another. The books just make me happy with these two. 


1. Kim and Ron - Kim Possible 

33 images about KP and Ron🥰 on We Heart It | See more about kim ...

The perfect example of friends to lovers. The best example and the most adorable couple. I have been on a KP binge lately so these two have been on my mind. I can't believe it has been 15 years since they finally kissed in STD. They will always be a favorite and I am just happy that they exist.


Also, the actors that played them in the live-action were set as a couple on the Goldbergs and the creator recreated the scene above for us with the kiss and I cried. 









All images are from Google or Tumblr and are not mine. 

Comments

Popular Posts