Lana Del Rey' "Born To Die" Album Review/Ranking

I have made a post of my fav Lana songs, but recently, I have been watching some reviews on her albums.  
Now, these of course won't be my first thoughts since I have listened to all of these so many times. I will be giving my overall view of the whole album. 
I am giving a 10/10 to my fav songs that hit me deep. But an 11/10 to my all-time favorite songs of hers. I love all of her music, so nothing will be below a 5/10. 
Born to Die is, I believe, my favorite album. Norman F***ing Rockwell was a tie, but after I relistened to all of these, it could beat it. 

Lana Del Rey GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY


"Born To Die" 11/10


One of my all-time favorite songs of hers. I was going to be her from this video for Halloween, but I just cut off all of my hair so nevermind. However, the vocals in this song are just amazing and the production adds so much to it. 


"Off to the Races" 11/10


Again, one of my favorite songs of all time. I can sing every word and this whole song is amazing. Her range in this is impeccable. Best pop song ever to me. 


"Blue Jeans" 11/10


The top three fav songs are of course the first three of the album. A soft song with so much edge to it. The background vocals add so much context. 


"Video Games"  9/10


So much better with headphones. An emotional song that will put you in a deep trance. I feel like I am in a dream when I really listen to this song. 


"Diet Mountain Dew" 9/10


Such a fun song. This one has a bigger beat to it than the others. This always gets me dancing and moving along. 


"National Anthem" 10/10


The video adds so much to this song. The story is just a wow factor. I always blast this song when it comes on.


"Dark Paradise" 8/10

 

A dreamlike song when you really get into it. The lyrics are very interesting with the vocals. Not my favorite, but still a great song.


"Radio" 9/10


This song hits you in the soul. The wordplay in this makes it so amazing. The range of her voice really shows in this one. You will have many emotions when you listen.


"Carmen" 7/10


Beautiful, interesting song. Not one of my favorites, but I do love to listen to it every once in awhile.


"Million Dollar Man" 9/10


Great song live. This goes right to the heart and more when she hits those high notes. 


"Summertime Sadness" 10/10


A classic for summer. This song perfectly summarizes summer to me and will always be the top song of the year it came out. 

"This is What Makes Us Girls" 9/10


An underrated song of hers. I love how she shares her past in this one. I can visualize everything she says so clearly. The beat is also a bop. 


"Without You" 8/10


The vocals in this go from so low to so high. A sweet song to listen about love. The sadness in it will hit you hard.


"Lolita" 7/10



Very fast-paced. Fun to sing along, however, it does remind me of Fergie a little. Very different from the others, but has a similar vibe.


"Lucky Ones" 7/10


The violin in this is fantastic. Beautiful for a slower song. The vocals mix is great.





What is your favorite Lana song from her first album?

Next week I'll share my thoughts on the Paradise Special version.












Comments

Popular Posts