5 Ways To De Stress

Midterms week has come and gone, and I am at the point of getting stressed over the little things and having no motivation to do my work. This week has been hard, and I have had to take a step back and really think and get my projects done. I have a couple of methods that help, and they could help you too. These are some ways for me to get out all the stress and put me in a better mood.

5. Lay Down and Relax 


My bed is my little safe place, and it's also a couch for all of my friends. I try to create a safe place to relax or to get work done. When I am getting frustrated with Photoshop or math, I take a break, lay down, and close my eyes for a couple of minutes. I focus on my breathing and think about things that make me feel better. Sometimes this does not work, but it is always a go to for me. 

4. Watch YouTube/ TV Shows 


All of my friends and family know how I spend all my free time watching shows on Netflix and get lost on YouTube for hours. When I am done with life and want to punch something, I go to my favs on theses platforms and put on something to drown out my thoughts. It is easy to get into a hole and spend hours doing nothing, but if you watch the time and feel like you can get back to work, you'll be peachy. My go-tos are Avatar and Friends. 

3. Listen To Music


I listen to music when I am doing work, so if I get really mad or keep messing something up, I go to one of my playlists and blare the heck out of it. I have a sexy rhythms playlist that I love, and also have a motivation playlist to help me when I am down. If I put on one of my favorite songs, it usually brings up my spirits and I can get back to work.
(Just look up roho15ks to find my playlists!)


5. Read Something You Love


So when I talk about reading, I am usually referring to the fan fictions I am reading. When I'm done with everything for the week, I go to my Tumblr and look up Bughead or Stydia fan fiction. I have read some great ones just this past week that really made me happy. When I am not working, I am on my phone reading a new fic, or reading one that has been recently updated. This also works for books too, since I will be reading John Green's new book on my flight home for winter break. This has really been a life saver for me this past week. 

1. Go For a Walk/Exercise

 

This is the best stress reliever for me. Being out in nature helps clear my mind and makes me thankful for life. I got so frustrated Saturday because of Photoshop, people, math, and stupid show's news that I broke down crying. I went for a walk and it made me feel so much better. When I am at home, I walk through Hines park and take in the fresh air and the nature that surrounds me. At school, I go walking around the squares and look at this beautiful city that I live in. Exercise also helps at times. When I get a good workout in, I get ideas on how to fix my work. However, walking is the best solution for me. 




Comments

Popular Posts