Top Songs from the 50's

Ah, the 50s was a great decade. My love for this music comes from my father as he grew up listening to these bands. So hard to put my top ten songs in  list. As each decade goes it gets harder and harder to pick songs. Here are my favorites from the 50s.

10. Teenager In Love- Dion and the Belmonts (1958)


A classic Doo Wap song that gets you moving and makes the teenager years last. 

9. Rockin Robin- Bobby Day (1958)


This songs gets stuck in my head and I always dance around to the fun lyrics.

8. Sh- Boom- The Chords (1954)


Cars made this song popular again, but always in a fav to sing in the car. 

7. Istanbul- The Four Lads (1953)


It will never get out of my head, so addicting. 

6. Earth Angle- The Penguins (1954)


Can I sway to this song forever. So good!

5. Mr. Sandman- The Chordettes (1954)


Everyone knows this song, we all sing along. 

4. Beyond Sea- Bobby Darin (1959)


Swing is the best and this song represents it perfectly. 

3. I've Got The World On a String- Frank Sinatra (1959)


I love Frank, and I love this song.

2. Shout- The Isley Brothers (1959)


A great party song forever!

1. Jonny B Goode- Chuck Berry (1958)


Best song from the 50s no question. Rock and Soul in one song.











 



Comments

Popular Posts