The TV/Movie Couples I Usually Fall For

It's only the second week of school, and it feels like week six with the amount of work I have. My outlet and break time is watching TV and movies. I love getting into shows and really getting invested in them. 
I do get way too invested into the couples on the shows and ship them way too much. We know this because I have a whole category just for my lists of endless couples. 
So of all the possible ships, which ones am I drawn to specifically? As I look through my lists, I see a few trends here and there, noticing I usually like certain type of couples more than others. So I am going to share the ones I really love.
Note: a lot of these couples can go into multiple categories. 

Image result for elizabeth and darcy gif

The Childhood Best Friends:

Image result for ron and hermione gif

I have always loved when best friends from childhood get together. These couples are usually inseparable and we just wait for them to see that they are perfect for one another. This was the first trope I really loved, and still one of my all time favs.

EX:

Ron and Kim (Kim Possible)

Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter Universe)

Eric and Donna (That 70's Show)

Danny and Sam (Danny Phantom)

Gert and Chase ( Marvel's Runaways)


The Power Couples:

Image result for bughead gif snooping

Man, I love me some power couples. These are the ones that complement one another and are just so great together whether it's being partners in solving mysteries or just working so well together that everyone wants to be like them. These are usually the strongest relationships I see, so they are the really good ones. 

EX:

Jamie and Claire (Outlander)

Betty and Jughead (Riverdale)

 Mike and Eleven (Jane) (Stranger Things)

Chandler and Monica (Friends)

Maggie and Glenn (The Walking Dead)

Victoria and Albert (Victoria/Real Life)



The Odd Couple

Image result for dwight and caroline gif

I love it when opposites attract. These are the ones that you don't think will really fit. It can be due to social standing, views, backgrounds, or anything else. They always push through and put their love first. Sometimes it doesn't work, while other times it does. 

EX:

Sybil and Tom (Downton Abbey)

Caroline and Dwight (Poldark)

Ashleigh and Rusty (Greek)

Jenna and Matty (Awkward)

Ross and Demelza (Poldark)

Dan and Serena (Gossip Girl)



The "Finally" Couple

Image result for bones and booth gif

It takes so long for them to finally get together. These types of couples fall into a lot of different categories, but just waiting for them to get together makes it so much stronger. We could be waiting seasons or until the finale episode or for the end of the movie for them to finally show they like each other. It's frustrating but I can't help but love it. 


EX:

Vanessa and Ethan (Penny Dreadful)

Bones and Booth (Bones)

Klaus and Cami (The Originals)

Jim and Pam (The Office)

Nick and Jess (New Girl)

Drake and Morwenna (Poldark)



The "One Sided" to Lovers:

Image result for stydia gif

Classic trope of boy or girl likes someone that doesn't like them back or just doesn't know they exist. I always fall for this one which can be sad if they are pinning for someone who doesn't like them that way. Now the other person can see what a great person they are and fall in love with them, and it has happened. The other scenario is the person doesn't know the other likes them back.


EX:

Seth and Summer (The O.C)

Stiles and Lydia (Teen Wolf)

Jimmy and Sabrina (Raising Hope)

Katara and Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Zoey and Chase (Zoey 101)



The Enemies to Lovers:

Image result for jon and ygritte gif

I have come to the realization that this is my favorite type of couple. It is so fun to see two people that hate each other grow feelings and then fall in love. A lot of my favorites are in this categories. It can be shocking to see when they finally get together as the fighting and pure hatred starts to develop into flirting and more. 


EX: 

Sam and Freddie (iCarly)

Jon and Ygritte (Game Of Thrones)

Logan and Quinn (Zoey 101)

Wade and Zoe (Hart Of Dixie)

Dwayne and Whitley (A Different World)

Jackie and Hyde (That 70's Show)

Emma and Hook (Once Upon A Time)

Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)



Comments

Popular Posts