Lana Del Rey "Lust For Life" Album Review

Lust for Life is such a different album from the previous ones. This album has many faces to it. From pop/hip hop to more mellow, hippy music. I did see this concert in ATL and it was wonderful.  I do have a couple of favorites from this, and others not so much.

Enjoy. 

Best Lust For Life GIFs | Gfycat


"Love" - 8/10


I loved this song when it first came out. It was more of a poppy sound and I was here for it. Now after 3 years, it's not my favorite. Still beautiful and very Lana but I have others I love more. 


"Lust For Life" - ft The Weekend - 8/10


Another one of her singles that I adored when it first came out, and now it's not my favorite. I always love it when these two collab though. A beautiful song with a great background, but does not hit the soul. 


"13 Beaches" - 9/10


Now this song hits you in the heart. The intro is fantastic and so moving. I love this song, and her vocals really are strong here. A perfect song to walk on the beach to. 


"Cherry" - 10/10


My favorite of this album. The hip hop aspect is really fun, and the beat is great. I just love how she swears after certain lines and ends the song with the f word. I am always attracted to her darker music too. 

"White Mustang" - 9/10


Reminds me a little of the Born To Die era, but with a mix of her new stuff. A classic Lana song, and it's great live. She has her higher notes in the end and it makes the song more special.

"Summer Bummer" - ft A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti - 8/10



Another fun hip hop song. I love the rap part and love to sing this in the car. A summer song for sure, and it's an interesting song for her. 

"Groupie Love" - ft A$AP Rocky - 8/10


This song makes me think of driving with the top down. A mixture of genres in this song which makes it a great mix of things. Melody is good, but I need to be in a certain mood to listen to it. 

"In My Feelings" - 9/10


This song is SEXY. The beat and the mix of sounds with her voice takes you to another world. Headphones assist this song a lot as well. The lyrics are also really funny to me. 

"Coachella" - Woodstock In My Mind - 7/10


Not my favorite. It's good, but I just don't vibe with this song a lot. This is where the album changes into more of a hippy type of sound. Great lyrics though. 

"God Bless America"- And All The Beautiful Woman In It - 8/10


This brings the hippy and OG Lana sound mixed together in harmony. I love the beat in the background and it truly seems like a Lana song. Very fun to sing in the car. 

"When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing" - 8/10


This song you really need to listen to in order to understand it. There is so much meaning in this song. For the future and the past, this song is important. Her voice teaches you a lot in a short amount of time. 


"Beautiful People Beautiful Problems" - ft Stevie Nicks - 7/10


I didn't know I needed these two to make a song together. Both of their voices are so strong and powerful in this. Another song to really showcase the history and a deeper meaning. 


"Tomorrow Never Came" - ft Sean Ono Lennon - 7/10


To me, this song is great for a road trip. It's not my favorite and I wished I liked it better. These two working together is great, but the song just doesn't do it for me. 

"Heroin" - 9/10


This song makes me cry really hard. I don't know why it hits me so hard but I usually ugly cry to this song. It's so beautiful and sad, the lyrics really hit you if you listen. 

"Change" - 8/10


She wrote a song that tells you that things are changing and are gonna get messed up. Sad and truthful song. Really hits hard during what we are all going through right now. Does make me hopeful though. 

"Get Free" - 9/10


This last song transports you to a different world. I think it's one of the best of this album. It brings everything to a close and really puts all of it into a perspective. I also love the mix of strings in the background.  





























Comments

Popular Posts