Lana Del Rey "Norman F*cking Rockwell!" Album Review

 The last Lana review before her new album. This is one of my all time favorite albums of hers. This and her first album, "Born To Die", really just hits all my soft spots and makes me love her more than I already do. When this came out last year, I was in awe of how perfect it was. I do wish it won a Grammy too. 

Here is one of my all time fav albums. 

Lana Del Rey Nfr GIF - LanaDelRey Nfr NormanFuckingRockwell - Discover &  Share GIFs

"Norman F*cking Rockwell" -  9/10


The starter song just hits your soul and takes it on a beautiful trip. The piano really adds to her vocals as she tells such a beautiful story. I blare this song in the car, and really love to sing it and go into a different world. 

"Mariners Apartment Complex" - 8/10


The first single, and I knew this album was going to be special. Her storytelling is back in this song and is prevalent throughout the album. As I listen to it more, I become more entranced by this song. 

"Venice Bitch" - 8/10


This song is a truly trippy song. The instrumentals in the middle and the end makes you feel many things. This is her longest song and you are put into a different mind set after. The first line is my favorite and it is a song to listen when you have time. 

"F*ck it I Love You" - 11/10


I was first listening to this song while I was waiting for my flight to MN last year when I was going to Italy. This song helped calm me down during that STRESSFUL time. I absolutely love this song so much. Its a fun song, while also being very dark. Her vocals are amazing and the structure of the song is perfect.

"Doin' Time" - 9/10


A perfect cover of Sublime by her. The perfect summer song and it's really catchy. I always put it on a hype playlist because it's just that good. She makes it mellow yet really new and refreshing. 

"Love Song" - 10/10


This song is what I feel like Love was trying to do but more catchy. I want this song played at my wedding. It's so beautiful and showcases a great love story. It's so simple, but her vocals just make it so much more. This song just puts me in a great mood.

"Cinnamon Girl" - 9/10


This feels like old Lana and it makes me so happy. The beats and sounds are so well mixed that it just makes everything so perfect. The chorus is brought up so much that it hits a point where it makes a difference. 

"How To Disappear" - 9/10


The storytelling is what this song thrives in. The simplistic tone overall makes it that more powerful. When the chords pick up, you can tell that the story is getting better. The instruments are also very important. 

"California" - 10/10


I have never heard the count down until I just listened to it again for this. This song makes me feel so many things. Its a beautiful story like always but it has so much more. You can feel the love in her voice in this and how much passion she has for it. 

"The Next Best American Record" - 10/10


Truly is the best American Record. You tell she has so much passion for these songs and this record means so much to her. They are just that good, as she repeats over again. The bass drop hits right at the perfect moment to make you feel even more. The glass smashing also I just cannot explain how perfect. 

"The Greatest" - 9/10


This song was also keeping me calm with the flight troubles last year. "The Greatest" hits right at the perfect point in this album. It makes you think about life and what is great in yours. The guitar is astounding and makes this song even more strong. 

"Bartender" - 11/10


I do not know why I love this song so much, but I do. This is one of my all time favorite songs, and I never skip it when it comes on. The story telling gets to my soul, as the piano goes along with it. Very simple song, and nothing fancy but it gets me. 

"Happiness is a butterfly" - 10/10


This is a hopeful song. The serial killer lines makes me so happy, it's funny and yet sad. The lyrics are such a mood and really can speak to everyone. The vocal changes are amazing and this song is a great song that is closing the album. 

"hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have" - 9/10


This is so heartbreaking and it's so hard to describe the sadness and passion in her voice. A beautiful and truly sad ending to one her best albums of all time. 

























Comments

Popular Posts