New York Fashion Week Spring 2021 Ready to Wear

 Fashion Month this fall is very different because of covid. With no live shows, or at least very minimal and social distancing ones, this season is bringing a different way of showing the upcoming collections. 

Like every season, I share my favorite collections and what I think about them. This season I tried to pick specific collections that I gravitate towards and go more in-depth with these collections.

Enjoy. Comment which collection from New York was your favorite. 


Marchesa Spring 2021


Marchesa



This collection brings the romantic side of Marchesa with a floral power. I feel like these garments bring an easy flow to the brand with some structure in the middle. Very true to the aesthetic of the brand, but easy-going in some ways. The colors are gorgeous and everyone could easily wear these. 


Tomo Koizumi



These colors are giving me Easter meets cotton candy vibes. The gowns are stunning and the amount of detail and fluidity in every piece is astounding.  Every piece looks like it was handcrafted to perfection. From the colors of each piece to each having the set ruffles and puffs, this collection does not disappoint. 

Anna Sui



So many beautiful prints with playful elements. I feel like this collection brings back a joyful childlike experience to the collection. From embroidery to the ruffles, it's a new beginning with a fresh start with this season's spring. The darker tones in the collection make it not so childlike and make it more rugged and grown-up. A great mix of both. 

Libertine



Very fun play with graphics and prints. I love how a lot of the garments are full sets of prints that you can easily mix with other items in your wardrobe. The prints themselves are stunning and a personal favorite for me. There are just so many pieces that I personally want in my collection. 


Sukenia 



The powerful shapes and textures are everything. I also adore the mixture of neon and black to make it feel spring-like but also a great transition into other seasons. The pieces are very editorial and I can imagine how long the pattern makers and sewer took to create so many beautiful new shapes. 


Ulla Johnson



This particular collection gives off many different vibes for me. The colors and shapes give a vintage feel, while others give a new aesthetic vibe. The mixture of prints and denim is refreshing to see as they are stand out pieces that manage to go together. Many of these pieces will be in many homes in the upcoming months. 

Rodarte



Grandma's couch meets easy-going chill vibes. This collection seems very effortless when it comes to the clothes themselves. Easy to piece with other items and something that looks very easy to wear. The colors and patterns are what stand out. From mixing a floral pattern with spring colors, this is a dream for spring. The photo-shoot alone gives you the vibe they are trying to give and executes it very well. 




Comments

Popular Posts