My Top 5 Trends of Spring/Summer 2017

Hiya, how is everyone today! As you all know I am a fashionista and love to style and create deigns. (Currently listing to Fashionista, by Jimmy James, Haha) So I am going to share my top 5 trends right now that I am obsessed with. Most of these items are not available but you can always fine something very similar!

1. Bright Colors 

Every time I wear this shirt I get so many complements . I guess bright green is my color. It is such a staple piece to have in your wardrobe, that can go with almost everything. I got this shirt for SCAD's fashion show and have been wearing it constantly. I parred it with comfortable high waisted denim shorts to dress it down. Then added another pop of color with my red-orange high heels. This look tells people that you are not afraid to play with color. 



Shirt- https://shopredclover.com/  Shorts-https://www.ae.com/  Shoes- DSW Last Season

2. Stripes, Bold and Classic

This shirt is just so comfy. I got this classic piece down in Aiken, South Carolina when I was vacationing there back in June. I got it on sale too. The creme, white, and black colors go perfectly together and make you look timeless. I always love to wear this shirt with my black Hayden jeans from Lucky. Strips are back and they don't look like they are going away soon. 


Shirt- Boutique in SC   Jeans-http://www.luckybrand.com/hayden-skinny/

3. Hide and Seek of Shear Madness 

Now this trend is not for everyone, it took me a long time to be comfortable with exposing my body like this. But nevertheless this has been on every runway this year. People love the exposed skin and the peek a boo effect it gives. I have had this shirt for years, but I am now starting to wear it by its self and not with a tank top underneath. With this kind of shirt, I would pair it with high waisted shorts, skirt, or jeans. For this look I went with shorts, as its was super humid yesterday. For the shoes I went with a strappy sandal to give the outfit more flare. This trend is always great for a night out, or if you want to be a badass! 



Shirt- http://www.forever21.com/  Shorts-https://www.ae.com/  Bra- Sunny J's  Shoes- Makanu

4. Jumpsuits with a Touch of 80's Glam

This is by far my favorite outfit to photograph. I got this jumpsuit back in the fall and love the vintage feel when I wear it. I got it at Civvies, a resale shop in Savannah. I love how jumpsuits and 80's glam are back in style. It shows that fashion always comes back around. I always wear the suit with my gold Lucky Brand shoes. It pops out the gold on the top of the Jumpsuit, and makes me feel like I should be on a runway. If you ever have the chance to go to Savannah make sure you go to Civvies so you can find something like this. 


Jumpsuit- Civvies  Shoes- http://www.luckybrand.com/

5. Statement Earrings 

I have always worn big earrings, so I am glad that they are on trend again. I wear these earring all the time at work and when I am going out. They always add to the outfit it you're just wearing a simple necklace or a crazy fun top or dress. The only problem with big earrings is that your ears have to get used to them, or else you can only wear them for a couple of hours. But Hey, beauty has a price. 


Earrings- My Grandmothers Jewelry Box

I loved doing a little photo-shoot in my back yard and researching all the top trends. Hope that this inspired you to take on these trends yourself or even gave you some styling ideas. Shout out to my friend Allie for taking all of these photos for me. See you guys on Sunday for a beauty review! 


Comments

Popular Posts