Top 50 Songs of 2017

This year has been great for music. Some of my favorite artists released new or first time albums and made me want to go to every concert. I also found two new artists that really changed my taste in music and now I have a broad spectrum when it comes to sound. With Riverdale giving me new music every week I was able to try different genres and go deep into lyrics and beats. My two new favorite artists are Glass Animals and Two Feet, they really summed up my music taste in one perfect bow. 
Here are my top songs of the year.

50. Chained to the Rhythm- Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley


Katy Perry's fourth studio album was a bummer for me, I loved her past three albums but I feel like this one was going towards main stream and even though it had a deeper message, it did not hit me. I really like this song though, the first single off the album gives a good beat and it still has old Katy in it. Also a great message for the song. 


49. Strip That Down- Liam Payne ft. Quavo


2017 was the year One Direction made solo albums and made me very happy. Even though Zayn and Harry were the first to put out albums, hearing Liam's was a hit from the start. It is like most pop/hip hop songs, but the beat and vocals bring you in. I heard it for the first time when I was in South Carolina and it got added straight away to my workout playlist. I'm not a huge fan of his other songs, bu this one got me hooked. 

48. Slow Hands- Niall Horan


I liked Nial's transtion into a solo artist a lot better than Liam's or Louie's. His folk pop spoke to me, and I liked how this song was smooth and made you sway along. Not a rager but a sexy song nonetheless. This is definitely on my sexy playlist and I love the beat. 

47. Untouchable- Eminem 


I am a huge Eminem fan, mostly because I am also from Michigan and was born in Detroit. When I saw that his new album dropped I listened right away. This one has a huge message. This song digs deep into the problems in our society and when you really listen to it, it will all make sense.  

46. Bad Man- Esterly ft. Austin Jenckes


Riverdale used this song at such a good moment. I like how rustic this song is and has a great beat to dance along to. Also singing this song in your car is the best when the volume is on high. 

45. Ready For It- Taylor Swift


I have not been a Taylor Swift fan for a couple of years but her new album has some good songs on it. I hated this song when I first heard it and though it was another catchy bad pop song. But when I really started to listen to it the song got me hooked. I am a sucker for good beat drops and this song has it. 

44. Turn- The Wombats


We know I liked this song since it was in December's top songs. The lyrics and chords are just a great harmony and mix well. Still on repeat for me, and I know most of the lyrics!

43. I Know- Aly & AJ


I was so excited when I heard they were making new music again. These two were such a big part of my childhood. Their first song did not catch my ear like this one. It is a mix of alternative and pop and I really like how their music still sounds like their roots from 10 years ago.

42. Younger Now- Miley Cyrus


Thank you, Miley, for coming back to us. I loved the symbolism in this song and it really represents her transition to who she is now. Everyone can relate to this song and makes you feel young again. It will also get stuck in your head really fast. 

41. Down to the Bottom- Dorothy


I heard this song at work and it became a jam every time it came on. I love how it has rock roots but with a little mix of country. I love screaming this song and dancing to it still while I am at work. The lyrics are meaningful and gets you pumped for breaking the rules. 

40. Scary Love- The Neighbourhood


My love for this band increases with every song I hear. I like the beat and the lyrics are so soft you can get lost in this song. Then the chorus hits and you jam out to it. I cannot wait for their new album. 

39. High- Sir Sly


This song gets me moving. The beat and the lyrics get you singing in a matter of seconds. I keep getting the line "Running from the devil" stuck in my head at random points of the day. Great song, and a new band to follow. 

38. Sweet Dreams- BORNS


This is the first song of his that I really liked. It has a great beat and the piano adds a great touch to the guitar rifts. I just jam out to it and love having it play on my commute to work.

37. Malibu- Miley Cyrus


I was so surprised that this was Miley. I love the meaning of her and Liam getting back together and that it what this song represents. A great song for the summer time to listen on road trips with friends. 

36. Hard Times- Paramore


Another band that has a great comeback. I love how Paramore dipped into classic 80's vibes and really took it to the next level. I love dancing to this song and want to watch classic movies. I love how the chorus hits that line as you just want to yell the lyrics. 

35. Not Afraid Anymore- Halsey


I was not a fan of Halsey until this year. I did not like this song until after I heard Control and went through her songs. I always like fantastic sexy songs, and this is it. The beat and the lyrics make you want to dance and it really gets under your skin.

34. Glitter and Gold- Barns Courtney


Another song from Riverdale that got me hooked. The beat makes you want to jump onto a table and stomp your feet. Another great song for the car, and this type of music has become one of my favorite this year. 

33. You Can Run- Adam Jones


This song gets into your soul fast. The dramatic lyrics and the sound of the music can creep you out in a minute or really speak to you. I love how this can be added to any moment that needs a dramatic flare. Riverdale has again gave me another great song. 

32. Look What You Made Me Do- Taylor Swift


I hate that I love this song. The beat gets me, it is not the best song but it is just so catchy that you hate to love it. I love the part where she says that she is dead. It cracks me up and I love being dramatic when I sing it.

31. Again- Noah Cyrus ft. XXXTENTACION


Another Cyrus to surprise me. I liked how her music is different than her sisters and she has a great sound. The beat drops at the right moments and gets you hooked on the song. Cannot wait to hear more from her.

30. So It Goes- Taylor Swift


My favorite song off of Reputation. I like how it has core Taylor but it adds a spark that her other songs don't have. I am already singing this song as I write this. I hope more of her songs in the future are like this.

29. Passion- AWOLNATION


The lyric are so good. When the chorus drops you start to shout the lyrics and it is just so much fun. I think he is really starting to make a comeback, even though Sail is still my favorite.

28. Summer Bummer- Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti


My love for Lana, so excited to see her again live in February. This song took a while for me to warm up to it, but now it is one of the songs off the album. It has the catchy hook and the hip hop was a nice change for Lana to add to her music. 

27. Feel It Still- Portugal. The Man 


I love how it is a brand new song but feels old when you hear it. I love classic music from the 60's and 70's and that is what this song is. You cannot help but dance along to this song and it is one of the best main stream songs of the year. 

26. Muevelo Loca Boom Boom- Pitbull


I have to shake my ass every time this song plays. I love the beat and I loved it the second I heard it. Pitbull just makes great dance hits. I know all the lyrics already, haha. 

25. I Don't Know Why- Imagine Dragons


My second favorite song off their new album. I like how the song pulls you in with the intro and then slams on the tunes. I already have dance moves to this song and I wish I saw it live. Another great hit by them. 

24. Bad Liar- Selena Gomez 


This song is sexy but so soft and it works. I can sing this perfectly and I like how it works with my level of singing. I wish more of her music was like this because then I would be a huge fan. Fantastic song to listen to and sing along. 

23. Mi Gente- J Balvin ft. Willy William


I had to add Jordan's dance to this song because it is what made me love it. Also the dance is fantastic and really makes you want to dance to this song. Another song you cannot help but dance to. 

22. No Sleep- SNOW CULTURE


This song was on repeat for days. I love the beat and it has that feel that makes you think and you get lost in the words. Whoever picks Riverdales music needs a raise because half of my favorite songs this year are from that show. 

21. COUNT ON ME- NEEDTOBREATHE


I cry to this song every time. They just had to use a fantastic song for Bughead in one of their best moments. The first chord hits you like a pile of bricks and you know you will have tears in seconds. The message is so beautiful. I just love this song. 

20. Hablame Bijito- Abraham Mateo ft. 50 Chent, Austin Mahone 


I must have a thing for these types of songs. I have had this song on repeat for weeks and I am not tired of it yet. You can dance and workout to this song, or just sing along to the great beat and lyrics. 

19. Lust For Life- Lana Del Rey ft. The Weekend


Two of my favorite artists in one song, hell yes. This song also being the title of the album gives you a glimpse into how good the album is. After Love came out I was so happy to hear another song that sounds like old Lana and I cannot wait to hear this live!

18. Woman- Kesha ft. The Dap-King Horns 


God Bless Kesha and her amazing comeback. This song is for every woman and it is such a great empowering song. Very dirty and not for children, but the lyrics are so powerful and makes you sing along in happiness. 

17. Love- Lana Del Rey


Lana first single off Lust for Life, and I was in love instantly. It felt like old Lana and I love the vintage feel. This song gets deep into your soul. 

16. You Belong To Me- Cat Pierce


The lyrics get into your soul and this has become one of my favorite songs this year. So romantic yet realistic. Riverdale just gets my soul in so many ways, from Bughead to music I can't. 

15. Woman- Harry Styles


Harry Styles ruled this year with that amazing first solo album, I have the whole thing downloaded and this is one of my top songs. So sexy and the beats just gets you moving and feeling so many things. AH I love it. 

14. Headphones- WALK THE MOON


So much fun to move around to, I could not get this song out of my head for weeks. I love their new music and this song was my favorite by far. 

13. Feel Like I'm Drowning- Two Feet


I love Two Feet, he became my new favorite artist this year. When he released a new song I listened to it right away. Great beat and the drops gets me like the others. I hope a full album is coming soon. 

12. In My Feelings- Lana Del Rey


My second favorite song off the album. This is that song that gets under your skin, so sexy and I love the feeling when I listen to this song. Another great one by Lana. 

11. Kiwi- Harry Styles


I love Rock Harry! This song is such a jam I have it on so many playlists. Whether I am working out or just jamming in the car I always blast it when it comes on. It gives me so much power and I feel great when I hear it. 

10. Lights Out- Royal Blood


I am getting back into rock music and I am loving the new sounds that are out. This song got me hooked and I love blaring it in my car and screaming the lyrics. The guitar is great and I already am a big fan of this band.

9. The Man- The Killers


The Killers are back and ready to rock. I still feel their old sound but it is revamped and this song is a great example. I love singing along to this and jamming out in my car. Nothing can break us down!

8. Heavy In Hiding- Halsey


Halsey was a new artist for me this year. I saw this song on Tumblr with a Bughead tag and I was enthralled. This is sexy and has a great beat to follow along to. I keep listening to it every day and know every lyric by heart. 

7. Cherry- Lana Del Rey



My favorite song off this beautiful album. I love how it feels like Cola or Off to the Races. The beat is great and I love singing cherry and the swear words in between make it funny but amazing. The ending is my favorite when she randomly says fuck at the end. 

6. Perfect- Ed Sheeran


Ed also made this year amazing. He just gave us another beautiful song to cry to and dance with someone at weddings. The meaning is perfect and it has become one of my favorite songs by him. The Beyonce version is just as beautiful but the original made me fall in love. 

5. Praying- Kesha


Kesha just came and hit us hard right off the bat. I love how personal this song is and it can be so inspirational to anyone. Her vocals in this are out of this world and it made me cry the first time I heard it. One of the best. 

4. Only Angel- Harry Styles


It starts off sweet and soft with the church background and then hits you with rock and soul. Another rock hit that makes me dance and is sexy as hell. A favorite for a long time. 

3. Shape Of You- Ed Sheeran


It is so over played but I love this song. I can workout or just jam out and it is one of the best songs of 2017. 

2. Believer- Imagine Dragons


Damn you Riverdale for making me obsessed with this song. Every time I listen to it I think of that beautiful kitchen scene and get very happy. From the beat to the lyrics this song has represented my year and this song will always be a favorite for me. 

1. Sign Of the Times- Harry Styles


Every time I listen to this song I get the same feelings like I did when I first heard it. This is so beautiful and it is my favorite of the year. The first time I heard it I bawled my eyes out because it was so good. I knew when One Direction did solo music that Harry would be the best. This song introduced his flawless album and I wish I could go see him live. I will forever be playing this song and will remember that this made my 2017. 









Comments

Popular Posts