Texas Hold'em

Spring break has come and gone and this year instead of going home, I went to Texas with my roommate, Amelia. The week went by way too fast. We spent it by going shopping, exploring Dallas, staying at a river, and just chilling around trying to relax. It felt great to get out of the city environment and to be in suburbia again. Just having a car and driving places felt great. The week did have its ups and downs especially with her car being a pain and breaking down twice. That screwed up out plans for a bit and we did not check everything we wanted to do off our list. She also had a lot of appointments so some of the days were cut in half. The best thing I took away from the week was being adopted into her family. I felt right at home when we got there. Her mother and her sisters treated me like I was one of their own. I got homemade food and even an Easter surprise. Just being around amazing people made this trip so special and I got the Texan welcome. 


 Right when we got to Texas, we went to her house and just chilled out for the night. I got a home cooked meal and right away and I got my glass of wine. Her house is amazing and I was so happy to see dogs. Amelia's mother had her birthday on the 16th so all her family came over and we got to celebrate it. The next day we left for the river. We went to Brazos River in Whitney, Texas. Amelia's family had a cute little house on the river where we all stayed. I got to sleep in a loft with my own queen sized bed. There were about 20 of us there. Half of which were kids, so it was a busy house. After we were at the river for a couple of hours, toasting hot dogs, it started to rain, so all of us were in the tiny house. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, we had traditional Irish food and bread. It did not feel claustrophobic at all and we all had a blast. The next morning it was super foggy, so the land looked beautiful. We left and started our next adventure.










The night we got back, we went shopping since Toys R Us is closing. We ended up getting Barbies. So after dinner, we pulled out all of her old Barbie toys and set it all up. It was so nice to feel like a kid again.



On Monday, Amelia had a bunch of appointments, but we still went out and had fun. This was when her car broke down so that was a downer, but we still ha a good day. On Tuesday, we went to the big mall in Dallas. They had all of the high end stores, so I got to live my dream and go into a Carolina Herrera store. We were there for about seven hours, but it was still really fun. I got a Tommy Hilfiger sports bra and I love it. I also found a bra that fits me and it was not a specialty store. I found a beautiful pair of Pumas that took me hours to decide if I wanted them. I am so happy I bought them and they are my new favorite thing. 










Wednesday was not the best as we went to more appointments and her car broke down yet again. So the day was spent waiting around a lot. Her car was finally fixed on Thursday so we went to Dallas. We started at the Museum of Art and had a great time. Then we walked around Dallas. Not the best city for tourists, but still pretty. Then we ended our time at Dallas by going to the farmers market and got to see cool stuff. We decided to go shopping again and spent two hours in T.J Max, and I got a Tommy Hilfiger shirt while Amelia bought a new dress. We ate mac and cheese and made cookies that night. 









On Friday, we just chilled out since we were burnt out from the week. Her sister, Missy, brought us real Texan BBQ and we all ate and chilled out for the rest of the night. I am so thankful for her family and had a great first time in Texas. Cannot wait to visit again in the future. 


Baxter



Amelia and






























Comments

Popular Posts