Top Movies Of The 2010s


The end has come. We have now finished this series of decades! The 2010s have all of my favorite movies in them. This decade so far has proven to be great with films and my all time favorites are on this list. From fantasy, animated, drama, action, romance, and periods, we have it all. I feel like some of these movies have really stuck with me through the years and with some of them, even with being older, I am still obsessed with them today. So here are my top movies from the 2010s so far. Hopefully the next year and a half with make me change this list a little. Also my top six are in the order of my favorite movies of all time.

Image result for fantastic beasts gif

10. Kick Ass (2010)

Image result for kick ass gif

This movie is so stupid, but I die laughing every time I watch it.
I also love Aaron Taylor Johnson a lot so it's an extra incentive for me to watch this movie.
Super funny and an action packed movie that has amazing fight scenes.
Always a great movie to put on when I want to laugh and stare at his beautiful face. 

9. Anna Karenina (2012)

Image result for anna karenina gif

I love my period dramas.
Based off the book of the same name, this movie is set up as if it were a play.
I love the beauty of this film, the astounding costume designs, and the romance and tragedy of it. Aaron Taylor Johnson is also in this film, so I'm happy. 

8. Perks Of Being A Wallflower (2012)


Image result for perks of being a wallflower gif

Best coming of age film of this decade with Lady Bird a close second.
This movie is so good that everyone needs to see it.
I love the tones of the movie, how it shows mental health and how it needs to be addressed.
Even with the undertone of depression and issues of mental health,
the movie has a light feel to it and makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
Always a great one to watch. 

7. The Help (2011)

Image result for the help gif

This movie gets me good.
The storyline of this movie was perfect in addressing the issues of the time and some still today.
Even with the hard topic of the film,
it showcased some of the funniest scenes of this decade and made me laugh my butt off.
Also I love how the whole cast was mostly women
and you could see what they had to go through in that time, whether black or white.
This movie makes me laugh and cry and the pie scene is still the best. 

6. Call Me By Your Name (2017)

Image result for call me by your name gif

My babies, oh my babies.
I saw this at SCAD's Film Festival last year and I fell in love with this movie instantly.
 I love the setting in Italy and the beauty of the film.
The romance starts off great with the budding friendship that turns into so much more.
This is a movie that is so aesthetically pleasing that I just want more.
I cried at the end at how stunning and sad the whole movie was. 

5. Great Gatsby (2013)


Image result for great gatsby gif

The era. The costumes. The parties. The music.
The romance. The drama. The mystery. The suspense.
The whole movie (and book) is amazing.
This is my fifth favorite movie of all time. 

4. Pitch Perfect (2012)

Image result for pitch perfect gif

This movie makes me laugh and I love how with its stupid jokes it makes me feel good.
I always feel better after watching this movie.
I sing along to all the songs and recite the movie as it plays.
A great movie about friendship as well.
The characters and their development are some of the best parts of the movie.
Fourth favorite movie of all time.
P.S. DO NOT watch the sequels because they are horrible
and I left the theater after the third one swearing and complaining about how bad it was. 

3. Tangled (2010)

Image result for tangled gif

Again, my babies, oh my babies.
I love Tangled way too much.
I bawled my eyes out the first time I saw it.
I love the story and how it's funny and witty.
Rapunzel and Eugene are one of my top ships.
I want my own Pascal and I have dressed like Rapunzel on two different occasions.
 Also the TV series on Disney channel is actually good and I cried when Eugene proposed. 

2. Harry Potter Universe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 1 & 2 (2010-2011)

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them 1 & 2 (2016,2018)

Image result for harry potter and the deathly hallows gif

Even with a different story line than Harry Potter,
just the universe itself is amazing and I love every movie that is set in it.

Always.

1. How To Train Your Dragon: 1-3 (2010-2019)

Image result for toothless and hiccup gif

These movies are everything.
I loved the first one and became obsessed with it fast.
Then the sequel was just as good and I cried leaving the theater.
The friendship is everything this movie is.
I love the growth of all the characters
and that you get to see how they interact and become used to dragons.
I also love the viking period and dragons so it was already off to a great start.
Hiccup and Astrid another of my top ships, and I want to see them get married in the third movie. Even with a TV show that shows all of the adventure that takes place between the movies,
 I still want more.
I put the third one because I know that I will love it just as much as the others
and I will be bawling my eyes out.
It will feel like the end of Harry Potter all over again.
March, please come faster. 



What's your favorite movie of the 2010s?

What's your favorite movie ever?


30s/40s
50s
60s
70s
80s
90s
2000s


Comments

Popular Posts