Top Songs of the 2010s (So Far)

We have finally reached the end of this decade series. I have loved sharing my favorite songs and movies from each decade. Today is the last of the music with the top songs of the 2010s. Now this is a very HARD list. Since this decade has a year and a half left it's so hard to pick my top 10 songs. These are so recent that it's hard to distinguish which ones I will love in the future still. Another huge statement with this decade is I found my type of music I love and really started to listen to bands that I loved not just the popular top 100. Either way, hope you guys enjoy my top songs from the 2010s. By the way trying to make this list hurt.

10. Pumped Up Kicks- Foster The People (2011)


Now this will always be a favorite song.
As this song came out when I was in middle school,
I have fond memories of listening and singing to this all the time.
To me, this song never gets old.
The tone and beat of this song makes it uplifting while I listen to the very dark lyrics of the song.
A classic for the decade. 


9. G.U.Y- Lady Gaga (2013)


This is my favorite off the album and I have a whole choreographed dance in my head to this song. 
It was a hard choice between this and "Born This Way", 
but I chose this one since I never skip it when it comes on. 
I love to sing and dance around to this amazing Gaga song. 


8. Lights- Ellie Goulding (2011)


This song never gets old. 
A true summer song that you can sing along with. 
Another one from my middle school days, but always a great song to hear. 
I love the upbeat tone and the fantasy vibes it gives off. 
This one will be a favorite of the decade for a long time. 


7. Go F*ck Yourself- Two Feet (2016)


One of the sexiest song I've ever heard. 
I love how I found this artist last year and fell in love. 
This song always brings my mood up as I go along with the beat. 
Even though it's still a newer song, this one will always be a top choice for me to play. 


6. The Walker- Fitz and The Tantrums (2013)


I still listen to this song daily. 
I go along with the chorus as I sing and dance to this crazy good song. 
I will be using this in future runway shows as I see it going along perfectly with my own line. 
I always dream of the big dramatic piece right at this one spot, so a favorite forever. 



5. Way Down We Go- Kaleo (2016)


Bless you Riverdale for introducing me to this wonderful band. 
I fell in love instantly. 
I have multiple favorites from just this album alone, but this song always gets me. 
I get so emotional while I listen to it as it just send goosebumps down my spine. 
It really is a perfect song.


4. Sign Of The Times- Harry Styles (2017)


It was my top song last year and it beat half of the songs on this list for this spot.
I will love this song forever.
I still cry when I hear this song and it still gives me the feeling it did like the first time.
Even with this song's popularity, it never got old to me.
Harry, thank you for this amazing song and album.


3. Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood (2013)


Another fantasy like song to me.
When I listen to this song, which is very often, I always feel like I am in a dream state.
It's so calming and beautiful that you get a longing within.
My personal favorite of this amazing band.
This song has helped me through the years and is a go to for cheering me up. 


2. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody- Fergie, Q Tip, GoonRock (2013)


This is a fantastic song! One of the best of the decade. 
Even though it has its roots in the 20s along with the Great Gatsby movie,
 it still shows the present very well. 
I dance and sing along to this constantly and never skip it while it's playing. 
I love to dream that I am dancing and singing this song and there is a huge party behind me. 
This will always be a song to get me moving and pumped up for anything. 


1. Summertime Sadness- Lana Del Rey (2012)

(All of Lana Del Rey's Music)


Now I know it's cheating by putting all of her music, but she has transformed my music taste. 
I picked "Summertime Sadness" because it was the first song I liked by Lana, 
and even though it's not my favorite now, it's still a jam that I love to listen to. 
She helped me branch out from the generic pop music that was playing on the radio. 
She also helped me through dark times, and I really needed to hear her music. 
She made this decade for me and I love all four of her albums. 
I have seen her twice in concert and it was so worth it. 
She will forever be the top of the decade. 



What's your favorite song of the 2010s?
Which song was your favorite in this series?


Here is the completed list of the top song series. 






<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19528951/?claim=swnexyrhgp4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>





Comments

Popular Posts