Top Songs Of The 2000s

We have hit the 2000s! Since I grew up in this decade, I love 2000s music. From pop and rap to country, EDM, or alternative, you name it and I love it. Some of my favorite artists came out in this decade and I grew up with all of these songs. Since this is a hard list to make with just 10, I picked my favorite song from each year instead of the general decade. So we will start from 2000 and go to 2009. Here are my top songs from the 2000s!


10. The Real Slim Shady- Eminem (2000)


He was the first rapper I truly liked. 
I am a sucker for his music and love how he is from my home state. 
I also live very close to Detroit, so there is always a special place in my heart for his music. 
He just lays it out on the table and rhymes perfectly to every line. 
I know this song by heart and sing along to it in my car. 

9. In The End- Linkin Park (2001)


This is one of my favorite songs ever. 
I listened to them in the car with my dad when I was three, singing along in the car with him. 
As he grew out of them and I grew up, I loved all their music and became such a huge fan. 
They were on my concert list, but unfortunately that will never happen
 since the lead sing Chester Bennington killed himself last summer. 
I was so devastated by the news and now when I listen to this song,
 I see the depression he went through and I get chills every time. 

8. Sk8er Boi- Avril Lavigne (2002)


Such a jam! 
Always sang this song on the way to dance or bowling. 
I play it every time it comes on my playlist. 
Fun to sing with my friends or by myself. 
Never gets old. 

7. Bring Me To Life- Evanescence (2003)


I am always down for an extremely moody song. 
This one has been a favorite for years. 
I love her vocals and even when rocking out to this song, I still listen to the heartbreaking lyrics. 


6. Mr. Brightside- The Killers (2004)


A rock song for the ages. 
I know every lyric to this song and listen to it on the regular. 
From their older music to their new stuff, this band is always a great source of music. 
Listening to this in the gym is always my favorite. 


5. Sugar We're Going Down- Fall Out Boy (2005)


Another rock anthem of the decade. 
I can jam to this while in the car with friends or just by myself with headphones. 
I love Fall Out Boy and this is one of their best songs ever. 
Dance, Dance is a close second. 



4. Fergalicious- Fergie Ft Will.i.am (2006)


ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS EVER!
 I know and can sing every single lyric of this song. 
The beat and the lyrics are so good, and even though it's a dirty song 
I have known all of it since I was nine. 
I will always play it when it comes on and when I am with my friends we sing and dance along.
 I will strut down the street singing this song. 
(EN: It's true... I have a video)

3. Don't Stop The Music- Rihanna (2007)


One of my favorite songs by her.
 This one beats out some other classics, but I just love the beat of this song. 
I always dance in my car to this and have so much fun singing it. 
I feel like this song is underrated when it comes to her music, but will forever be a jam of mine. 

2. Love Story- Taylor Swift (2008)


Ahh, classic Taylor. 
This was when I really loved her music. 
This and her other hits were always played when it came on the radio. 
I love this song because it's sweet and it's a great song to sing along to. 
Also the music video is stunning, 

1. Bad Romance- Lady Gaga (2009)


My favorite Gaga song and this was also my favorite song for years.
I love everything about this song.
From the weird lyrics to the French at the end.
This is always a jam for me when I am dancing and singing.
I truly started to listen to mainstream music when this came out.
The music video is also stunning and is classic Gaga.



What's your favorite song of the decade?



40s
50s
60s
70s
80s
90s








Comments

Popular Posts