Top Shows From Fall 2018 Haute Couture

My favorite type of fashion is couture. I have always been inspired by the way designers create beautiful and exotic designs that can make one cry. This week was Fall 2018 couture and I saw amazing pieces and collections from my favorite designers. My personal favorites derive from my sense of style and what I tend to go for and design myself. Here are my top collections from Fall 2018 Couture. 


Zuhair Murad Fall '18

10. Giambattista Valli


Look at those FEATHERS! From the first look, I liked the collection but wasn't crying over it until I saw this look. I instantly want to draw this and make an illustration. From the feathers to the bright colors and even some of the bead work, this collection has a lot to offer. 



9. Christian Dior 


I wasn't wowed by this collection, but then I started to think about how Dior wanted to go back to its roots. Even with some of the pieces being simple, each one is beautifully crafted to perfection. When you look up close, you can see the construction and that what makes this collection amazing. 




8. Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition 


Look at all the beautiful fringe. Once I saw those pieces, with all the reds and oranges, I was hooked. I got an elemental vibe from this collection and I love how every couple of looks the colors changed and the designs were different to each color. 




7. Ralph and Russo


Look at those pastels and vibrant colors! From a suit design that is made to perfection to a pop of  vibrant pink or yellow, this collection is not shy with making a statement. I like the illusions that some of the garments play on your eyes and the one above is a perfect example of that. 




6. Alexis Mabille


This garment made me cry. Every piece in this collection made a statement on their own. Some of them being simple with a fitted bodice to others like the one above that make my heart stop. The play with volume and space worked well and made this an amazing collection. 




5. Victor & Rolf 


Now this is couture. Playing with simple ideas and making them out of the box and weird is entirely what couture is about. The playfulness of some of the pieces draws your attention while others are just stunning to look at. The volume and textures are the best part of this collection. 




4. Elie Sabb


This is one of my favorite designers. His collections are always stunning and worthwhile. This one in particular was not my favorite in the past couple of years, but still made stood out amongst others. Simple but elegant designs made this runway pop and the added volumes to parts of the dress made me want more. 




3. Iris Van Herpen 


This designer never fails. Her designs push the boundaries of fashion and always create something new and exciting. The play on your eyes with these pieces makes you follow each line and curve to see where they end. So stunning and always a great designer to look up to. 




2. Gou Pei


Having seen her work up close and in person (Thanks SCAD) I know that every one of these pieces are perfection. She pushes against boundaries to make exquisite clothes that are dreams. With this collection, I love the spin of the Gothic and romantic style architecture . You can see it in each design and I love how some pieces are more structure bound and others move along with the body. Love! Love! Love! 




1. Zuhair Murad 


This whole collection made me cry! Each piece is so beautiful, it hurts so much. It was so hard to pick a favorite really.
This is my style 100%. From the beading to the lace to the detail, I love every single thing. The capes, colors, dresses, jackets; all of them are made to perfection. I got the the feeling of a fairy tale, but a dark and twisted one that is also incorporated with history, (most already are more or less), so it had all the things I love. 
I see 14th century inspired tops with 18th century military jackets with modern pants. This collection has so many tones to it that makes it work as a whole. Each piece is beautiful and I want to wear every single one. I am so inspired by this collection. 



Which collection was your favorite? 

Comments

Popular Posts