Confession: I'm Scared for Junior Year

I am so ready to start school again. As summer winds down, the longing to be back in school comes back. I was originally going to post about fall trends, but as the date for school is approaching, my heart gets happy and nervous at the same time. I am so excited for the upcoming school year. I am living with my friends in an apartment style dorm, so I finally get my own room and we even have a kitchen. I cannot wait to move in and start living with my friends again. However, there is also an overwhelming sense of fear when I start to think about classes and the work I have to do. 




So why am I scared? First off, I am taking three major classes this fall. Okay, well technically two major and one minor, but still it's going to be a heavy workload. I am taking Advanced Fashion Sketching, Apparel Two, and Product Management. People are probably thinking, "Oh, three classes. That's fine." No, this workload is going to be hell. I am going to be spending hours on installations and I have to make a whole outfit by the end of Apparel. I am excited to start working  on these projects, but the time frame is what is getting to me. 





By the end of spring quarter, I was burnt out with my classes and I took the same ones I am taking this fall, just not advanced. I'm worried on the quality of my work and how I might get burnt out too fast. I know I am getting scared for nothing, but this is terrifying to me. I know I need to put my heart and soul into my work again, so I am striving to do that this fall. 





I do have a great support system down south, so I know whenever I need a pick me up, I will have one. Being scared and worried is okay and totally normal, I just can't let it take over my mind and work. I am already looking up inspiration for my work and I am going to make these classes my best yet. I am going to take my anxiety and put it into my work, so that way when I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed it goes into the work instead of against it. 





If you are like me and dreading the workload for the next couple of months, take a step back. Reevaluate your time and energy and make sure that what you are doing is worth it. I know it's going to be a hard semester but I am ready for the challenge. 

Bring it on Junior year!








Comments

Popular Posts