How I Balance School and Motivation

At the start of the term, I always feel ready and have a lot of motivation to do well. By midterms, that slowly goes away and, by the end, people are barely hanging on. So I try to keep myself motivated and balance school with friends and things that make me happy. 
Here are some tips and what I do to help me with motivation and a balanced life. 



Take Time for Yourself

I know this can be a struggle if you have a lot of work and you feel like you need to get it done right away. I do that all the time and sometimes I rush my work instead of taking my time. So when you are feeling stressed or burnt out, take a break. Go for a walk or watch some YouTube or TV. Set aside an hour or however long you want/need to take a break for. This will help reset your brain and help you when you go back to the work you were doing. I did this last week, and it helped my work so much. 


Do Not Procrastinate

I never do this. I am always getting my work done on time and early. I do however see a lot of my friends do this and some of them stress out so much at the last minute. They pull all nighters just to get their work done. From my experience, working on a schedule always works. This helps you keep a balanced life and helps with the motivation. You are less likely to burn out and not want to do anything. 


Find Inspiration In The Things You Love

I get most of my motivation or inspiration from my TV shows or things I am reading. Right now I love the Netflix show Rise of the Phoenixes, so most of my projects have a Chinese flair to it. I always make my projects about what I love during the term. So find something that you love, or even if it's being around people, and build your work around that. If your work is not like that, take the things you love and make yourself motivated around the work you are doing.


Do Not Shut People Out

This is probably the most important. When we are all working, we forget about the people that make us happy and keep us going. Shutting people out to get stuff done will not be good in the long haul. Seeing friends and family will help you keep your work going and the motivation for it as well. Make time for the people you love, so you can get a break and see your friends. Not seeing people for a while can strain the relationship and make everyone feel stressed that they are not getting out enough. 



I hope that these tips help in any way. I took these photos at Tybee at 5 in the morning and having a break at the beach was good for me. As this is the weekend of midterms, pray for good grades and a healthy mental state. I will see you guys on Monday. 


Comments

Popular Posts