My Apparel One Work

I am finally going home today. I have not seen my beautiful kitties and pups in over six months. My vacation week was good, but I am so ready to lay in my own bed with my Rust Bucket! The two classes I took for spring were Apparel I and Fashion Sketching. For today, I am sharing the dress that I designed, draped, patterned and then made.




Throughout the quarter I struggled with draping and really had to make my final perfect.  My dress is an A line flare with an interesting neckline. I was inspired by the 70s and the freedom of women and the power that they gave. I was also in love with Out West and the color blue this spring, so I made sure to incorporate this into my design. Below is my Mood/Inspo Board and my muse (Madelaine Petsch). This helped the design. I currently do not have the photos of my process sketches which is super annoying, but they are currently in my car in a box.






My dress is made out of cotton and is a dark blue color. I am really proud of how it turned out and that it fits me (kinda). It was made on a model form 10, which is about a 4-8 in store clothing sizes. I also put over 20 hours of work into this dress and spent my last weekend at SCAD at Eckburg. I am going to go back and fix some stuff to make it fit better in certain areas. I also got an A on this dress, so I'm super happy about it! Tell me what you guys think?






Comments

Popular Posts