Tops Movies From The 90s

Now even though I was born in the last few years of this decade, I grew up with 90s movies. I was either watching them on VHS tapes or as reruns on the TV. I feel like this is the decade where I really start to love the movies and it was hard to make this list into just ten. I didn't just fill this up with Disney, but it was a great decade for them. So here are my top movies from the 90s!

10. The Parent Trap (1998)

Image result for the parent trap gif

I love both versions but the remake just has a special place in my heart.
I never get tired of watching this movie and I still find it funny after watching it so much. 


9. Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)

Image result for fried green tomatoes gif

TOWANDA!
This movie is hilarious and so sad at the same time.
A great movie to watch with your family and friends.
I love the time period and the message it gives about life.
(EN: Plus the heavily implied lesbian relationship)



8. Scream (1996)

Image result for scream movie gif

My favorite scary movie of all time. I don't find it scary at all I just laugh the whole time.
It's so funny and stupid that I love it. Best memory is when my friends and I watched all three of them (4th wasn't out yet) at Mallory's birthday party.
During the second film was one of the best scenes and we all died laughing.
It was one of the hardest times I have ever laughed.
We still laugh at the joke today and it's a great memory. 




7. Girl Interrupted (1999)


Image result for girl interrupted gif

This movie is too good.
I can't really describe it, but this is a movie that everyone needs to see.
The message and the acting is exquisite and it's one of the best of the decade. 



6. Cruel Intentions (1999)

Image result for cruel intentions gif

This movie has no boundaries. The whole tone of this movie is so good.
I love the young romance to the heartbreaking drama that always kills me.
It has an excellent villain that will destroy everything in her path.
Well written and a movie that I can watch over and over again. 



5. Father Of The Bride (1991)

Image result for father of bride gif

This movie has a special place for my family. It came out right before my parents got married.
My grandpa and mom love this movie. Then the sequel came out right before my sister was born.
It's a feel good movie that I love to watch and laugh while it's on.
(EN: My grandfather and mom love this as well)



4. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

Image result for 10 things i hate about you gif

One of the best teen movies ever. Best of the decade.
Funny and written so well with amazing one liners that I always laugh at.
While it's a fun silly teen movie, it hits serious tones and really showcases life as a teenager.
One of the best romance movies as well, I always get choked up when I watch it.
Heath Ledger really shined in this movie and when he sang, I lost it. 


3. Mulan (1998)

Image result for mulan gif

She's one of my favorite Disney Princesses!
This movie is funny and does not fail to make me laugh.
It breaks so many stereotypes and is a powerful movie that shows a woman can do anything.
The songs are fantastic and I am always a sucker for a cute romance.
(EN: I'm so upset this isn't number one...)



2. Clueless (1995)

Image result for clueless gif

This movie is one of my all time favorites.
I love the fashion, the comedy, and even the stupid plot.
A great teen film that I can watch over and over again.
I love the romance and the whole setup of this movie.
A true favorite.



1. Forrest Gump (1994)

Image result for forrest gump gif

My dad's favorite movie and one of mine.
This movie is one of the best of all time.
I have seen it about 50 times now and I still love watching this beautiful story.
I love how it goes through most of his life and you get to see him grow and the times change.
From the 50s to the 80s, you get to see so many historical events as well as his life.
The message of this movie is so empowering that I always cry at the end because of that feather. Even with the tragedy the movie has, it brings everything together with Forrest and his son as it resembles the circle of life and that times always change. 
BTW: I also love that it's in Savannah and I saw this movie 40 times before going to SCAD,
 but you can see the admissions building in the very beginning and it makes me happy. 



Which movie is your favorite?


Comments

Popular Posts