Sophomore Year Of College

Last Thursday was my last day of sophomore year at SCAD. This year was a lot calmer than freshman year, but it did have its ups and downs. I kinda lost myself for a bit, but regained my strength. Also, by the end of the year, my motivation and even my inspiration were lacking, but overall not a bad year. Even with all the ups and downs, this year will of course be remembered.




Fall:

As Fall quarter was approaching, I was so excited to go back. However another hurricane pushed the quarter back (EN: maybe my fault...), so we had Friday classes for a bit. SCAD does not usually have them on Friday since we need the work day. I also had an odd schedule with one online class, a hybrid, and one normal in person class. That meant I was always in my dorm which was not a bad thing since I love my room and roommate, but I was not used to it. I also did not go out on as many adventures as I did freshman year, and it was more relaxed. I also focused too much of my free time into fanfiction and really did not get passionate about my work. I only had one fashion class, but I should have put more heart into it. It was also my friends Ian's last quarter in Savannah as she transferred to Atlanta in the winter so saying goodbye was hard. There were great times with regular movie nights and going out spur of the moment. Also Riverdale did come back, so I am always happy about that. I got good grades and was excited for the next year and quarter. 

Song of the Quarter: "Africa" by Toto


Winter: 

I started out the new year happy. I lost weight and I was in my intro fashion class finally. I also got a job, so I actually had some money to start saving. I tried to balance my work with play but still spent too much time reading fanfictions. I put my heart and soul into my fashion final with the inspiration from said fanfictions and TV shows. As the quarter went on my motivation went down a little. I also started fighting with my best friends and bad fights came out of it. We are good now, but at the time it broke everyone down. After drama and not feeling myself, I was ready to be done with french and life drawing. I wanted it to be Spring break. Luckily, I got to go to Dallas with Amelia, so that did help with motivation and finding a passion. One of the biggest upsets of the year was not getting into Lacoste for the summer. That meant that the stress of taking classes at home, finding an internship, and what exactly to do for the summer was at a high during winter quarter. On the upside, I got into a better dorm for the next year with friends and I am so excited about it.

Song of the Quarter: "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
                                  "Shout" by Tears for Fears


Spring:

Now spring started off so strong. I was doing well in classes, and I was excited about my work. Friends were great, and we were going out more. I also started to talk to someone, and that was going well. After a couple of weeks, however, everything started to break down. I thought I was doing good in some classes, but was not getting good grades. I also put a lot of effort into the work, so I thought I was doing it right. I started to feel depressed more, and not like myself. I kept asking my friends about what to do and did not listen to my heart. I was feeling like I was going into a path that was not me. Therefore, I focused and did not go out as all my energy was spent by the end of school. I did cut off some people. I also did not want to go out, but with me being an extrovert, I always want to be doing something. All I wanted to do was lay in my bed and relax. After I really started to focus on myself again and not on anyone else or fandoms, I did start to feel better. The great things about the spring was being adopted by both my friends' families for parent's weekend since mine were not there. I also participated in the Sidewalk festival and it was fun. After the hell that was the last three weeks of finals, I made a beautiful dress and got an A on it. I was happy that despite my low grades at the beginning of the quarter, I picked them up at the end. So I ended leaving school happy to be going home.

Song of the Quarter: "Best Friend" by Sofi Tukker


Overall, this year was a lot softer then last. The moments I need to remember are the happy ones. The struggles I had this year made me stronger, and I have so many projects for the summer that will help the next year. I am happy to be on vacation and I am ready to see my pets, but I am going to miss my beans so much. Junior year will hopefully be better, but I know it will be a lot harder. I need to focus on my work, what inspires me, and striving for my goals. So junior year bring it on!




(EN: The photos here are from my hell final that she, Cat, and Amelia spent burning in the heat. She was wonderful in my video.)




Comments

Popular Posts